GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've noticed that us 60 and older crowd seem to be a bit less enthusiastic with the right foot, but it's still gotta GO when you press down. The I4 does that!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Better Quality Tires (my expensive 19" chrome wheel upgrade came with Hankook tires on my American car!)
I don't know if it's still true, but GM used to have their own tire specifications regardless of brand which is often why they weren't available from the local tire store. GM used to say that their specifications were higher than those sold to the general public.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Islander said:
Nitti--You just can't go wrong in FLA with this I-4. At speed on the highway, it's so quiet that you can't even tell the engine is running. I've not horsed it around at all, it is brand new he he, but it passed others with ease and had enough spunk getting on I-275 for me this morning. I was truly worried I'd regret the 4...wrong. Now, if it had the 3.6L DI I had in the caddy available, I probably would have opted for the 6. The CTS engine was truly a great powerplant and I could get 25-28 hwy mpg if I was taking a nice leisurely trip. Loved that engine! Truth is, I couldn't distinguish any great difference between the 4 and the 3.0L 6. Opted for 32MPG.
My new (purchased yesterday) Terrain will be heading to our vacation home in Naples FL in 10 days. I just waxed the front end this afternoon (first "warm" day in Central NJ for a long while). I am worried about the bug juice our new baby will collect in the South once the bugs start flying. I envision that front end grill will soon be a mess after traveling I-75. What to do???

·
Registered
635 Posts
Bug juice washes off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I forgot to say that I got Michelin tires with my 18" wheels.....Never hadem before.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
nitti48 said:
I forgot to say that I got Michelin tires with my 18" wheels.....Never hadem before.....
I put Michelins on for the first time on my 67 Camaro and they were fantastic. Years later I put them on another car and I hated them. Slippery on any wet surface but Im guessing they would have lasted forever. I will never know as I replaced them with another brand and felt safe again.The new Nox also came with them and I was going to change them but the tire store guy said it would be a waste of money as they are a (his claim) superior tire. I was going to switch them for the Goodyear triple tread which I put on my last car and really really liked. Time will tell if I did the right thing or not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was impressed that my Nox came with Michelins. I too have never had them before. I'm interested to see if they wear better than the usual Goodyear Eagle's that I've had on my GM vehicles. ::)

·
Registered
635 Posts
TerryG said:
I put Michelins on for the first time on my 67 Camaro and they were fantastic. Years later I put them on another car and I hated them. Slippery on any wet surface but Im guessing they would have lasted forever. I will never know as I replaced them with another brand and felt safe again.The new Nox also came with them and I was going to change them but the tire store guy said it would be a waste of money as they are a (his claim) superior tire. I was going to switch them for the Goodyear triple tread which I put on my last car and really really liked. Time will tell if I did the right thing or not.
I wouldnt base a decision on tires from 1967.
Tires today cannot be compared to tires of 7 or 8 years ago never mind thirty years.
Compounds and design have evolved so greatly. I have used the Goodyear triple treads too and I love them.
They work great even in the snow, But I wouldnt swap out brand new Michelins.

·
Registered
27 Posts
tmozer said:
I am worried about the bug juice our new baby will collect in the South once the bugs start flying. I envision that front end grill will soon be a mess after traveling I-75. What to do???
Me too. Those 'lovebugs' make a mess. I dont want to think about cleaning them out of the grill and fog lamp area. Why didn't they make clear plastic to cover the fog lamps?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think that the Terrain is very nice on the inside. I also think that the outside was put together badly and in some sposts looks like they put on patch. all of this makes the sides not exactly smooth. I also don't get the milage they said I could expect. Try as i might when I check a refill against the average MPG in the vechile I always get a number smaller than what the car's computer reads.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Funny..I cal my mileage by how many miles driven divided by gals bought and its always higher than the DIC reading..I just turned 3000 with an I4..So far minimal gripes and loving the ride

·
Registered
8 Posts
The one thing I would change on my Terrain is the excessively wide opening above the tires and the body of the vehicle... particularly the rear tires. I really don't need to looking at my rear shocks from the sideview of my vehicle. Otherwise, a great vehicle... turns a lot of heads on the highway!

·
Registered
306 Posts
3 weeks, 3,200 miles, about half towing our Scamp 13' travel trailer ( about 1800 lbs) and all I can say is WOW! There's nothing i don't like about our new Terrain. It's been over a 100 degrees today and the temp gauge never moves from it's normal setting while towing the Scamp 400 miles. The A/C will run you out and the outside noise is not a factor. We think the sound system is great and XM is OK ( although I need to upgrade to get NASCAR radio). All I can say is--this is a great vehicle, what's not to like about the Terrain?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Drove by my local dealer today and they were unloading a 2011 SLT1 stopped and took a look at it when they were done.
noticed one small change from mine...Mine has a chrome button on the dash to open the storage arealocated there..The 11 has a dull colored button
Maybe too many complaints about the sun shinning off of the button and blinding the driver..

I've put dull cloth duct tape on mine to get rid of the glare

·
Registered
297 Posts
I believe they changed the button finish a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I was looking for a new ride for the wife I wanted a tahoe but she did not want something quite that big for a daily driver. I did not want a trailblazer so thankfully we stumbles across the 2010 Equinox in July of 09... We has never known about the new body style and would never even have considered the previous body style.!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not liking the huge B-pillars. Too much of a blind spot.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
DavidPJ said:
I'm not liking the huge B-pillars. Too much of a blind spot.
The C-Pillars are worse. That's why they have side-view mirrors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
nightranger said:
Better Quality Tires (my expensive 19" chrome wheel upgrade came with Hankook tires on my American car!)
I don't know if it's still true, but GM used to have their own tire specifications regardless of brand which is often why they weren't available from the local tire store. GM used to say that their specifications were higher than those sold to the general public.
In Consumer Reports Nov. 2010 issue Hankook tires fared well in the ratings.
The Hankook Optima H727 (closest match i saw to the H725 on my Terrain) was recommended with an overall score of 82. They were rated very good in the following categories: dry braking, wet braking, hydroplaning, snow traction, ice braking, ride comfort and noise. Rated good in the following categories: handling, rolling resistance and tread life.
Have never owned this brand before but was pleased with the Consumer Reports ratings.

·
Registered
830 Posts
21 - 40 of 154 Posts