GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to share cuz I like what I did!

My Nox got some new diggs today! I put some trim on the sides. Yep, Sportwing chromeline trim. As some people have mentioned, they like the clean, no-frills body style of the Nox. For me, I like some minor frills. So the trim was something I wanted from the beginning. So here she is.... let me know what you think.

I luv it! ;D[/color]

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is closer-up. Hard to get a good pic cuz of shadowing and all that.
[/color]

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very a nice was it hard to install?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dawgdaes said:
Very a nice was it hard to install?
Wasn't hard. The part that was hard was going against how I thought it should be done. It is not put on straight. You have to make it about an inch higher in the back. I wanted to make it level to the ground. But I read somewhere that if you do that, it looks weird/wrong because the body lines are not parallel with the ground. So I followed the directions and it turned out great. [/color]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wkeatonjr said:
:thumb:

Very nice! I love it.

Awesome detail work as well; so clean!
Thanks! I had to wash it before I could put the trim on anyway. Luv washing a new car! Well, don't like washing it. But luv it when it's done. It really shines.[/color]

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
prissyrabbit said:
Wasn't hard. The part that was hard was going against how I thought it should be done. It is not put on straight. You have to make it about an inch higher in the back. I wanted to make it level to the ground. But I read somewhere that if you do that, it looks weird/wrong because the body lines are not parallel with the ground. So I followed the directions and it turned out great.
That was me - I "knew more" than they did - at least i thought I did. Wound up removing them and putting them on "crooked", and they looked much better - counter-intuitive.

Look awesome.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RIT333 said:
That was me - I "knew more" than they did - at least i thought I did. Wound up removing them and putting them on "crooked", and they looked much better - counter-intuitive.

Look awesome.
Glad you posted that! Cuz I would have made the same mistake had I not read that. You are an engineer, right? I am just as detail-oriented - I am a pharmacist. So it just seems to make sense to make it parallel to the ground. I guess having an eye for detail isn't always as good as having an eye for design sometimes.[/color]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wrusprod said:
WOW! i really like that! looks good! :thumb:

here is the listing for the Terrain's...doesnt look like my Terrain though... ;)

http://www.sportwing.com/gmc-terrain-body-side-molding.aspx
If you look up the chromeline version for the Equinox, then pull up the instructions for installing it, you'll see that on the same instruction sheet, it gives you measurements for the Equinox AND for the Terrain (see link below). I have read some people think the curved ends go better with the Equinox since the Equinox is not as "blocky" as the Terrain. Others say they like it on the Terrain. To each his own I guess.

Here is the instruction sheet:
http://www.dawn-ent.com/install/fe2-equinox.pdf[/color]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeah, i was making a funny...

pull up the Terrains, and there is a picture of the equinox..

the instructions listed on the Terrain page that I linked has the same instructions...

thanks..I would like to see it on a Terrain!...may be a spring project..

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
hi ,

looks great ! I have had Sportwing body color mouldings on our 2011 Nox for about a year (zero issues) and everyone thinks it's a factory install! The chrome inserts look great in the pics! :cheers:

·
Registered
297 Posts
wrusprod said:
thanks..I would like to see it on a Terrain!...may be a spring project..
Thinking the same myself due to installation temperature recommendations.

Funny thing is...I am looking at using the standard body side moldings, rather than the chromeline series. I have the SLT-2 plus chrome pillars installed. I am not seeing the need for a chrome strip running the length of the doors on the lower side.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
personally, for me I like the painted molding..without the chrome strip..( the one I linked on my previous post)..now if I had the chrome package on my vehicle, I would have to think about it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jstpsntym said:
Thinking the same myself due to installation temperature recommendations.

Funny thing is...I am looking at using the standard body side moldings, rather than the chromeline series. I have the SLT-2 plus chrome pillars installed. I am not seeing the need for a chrome strip running the length of the doors on the lower side.

What do you all think?
You are prolly right. I like some chrome, but too much is.. well..... too much. I was just thinking the opposite the other day. I prolly won't get the chrome pillars because I have the chrome line trim. I think the plain will look awesome.[/color]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wrusprod said:
personally, for me I like the painted molding..without the chrome strip..( the one I linked on my previous post)..now if I had the chrome package on my vehicle, I would have to think about it!
I like it with or without chrome. The chrome just fits with me better. But I did think about the plain myself.
[/color]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wrusprod said:
I like the chrome one with my car because it kinda goes with the chrome handles. But either one would look good IMHO.[/color]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think I did my last mod for a while today. I installed a curt tow hitch and wire harness. Got the hitch for $124 and the harness for $13.00. It only took me 30 minutes to complete installation.

The video online talks about moving the exhaust system out of the way etc. I found no need to do that. Went in just fine. Took me longer to jack the car up than it did to install everything. Why they charge $350 for towing package at the dealer is beyond me. I just have to get the ball mount and ball now. I assume that will cost around $20-25. So my total is around $160 and 30-45 minutes of my time. Sounds like a heckuva deal to me!!![/color]

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
prissyrabbit said:
Think I did my last mod for a while today. I installed a curt tow hitch and wire harness. Got the hitch for $124 and the harness for $13.00. It only took me 30 minutes to complete installation.

The video online talks about moving the exhaust system out of the way etc. I found no need to do that. Went in just fine. Took me longer to jack the car up than it did to install everything. Why they charge $350 for towing package at the dealer is beyond me. I just have to get the ball mount and ball now. I assume that will cost around $20-25. So my total is around $160 and 30-45 minutes of my time. Sounds like a heckuva deal to me!!!
Wal-mart has drawbar and ball for around 25 Did you go with the 2" or the 11/4"?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fourmoremarine said:
Wal-mart has drawbar and ball for around 25 Did you go with the 2" or the 11/4"?
I got the class III hitch. So whatever that makes it (I think 2", but don't quote me on that). Right now, I think Amazon has the ball mount and ball for $23.xx with free shipping and no tax. I will watch to see if it drops any lower. I do not need it any time really soon.

And I think I will watch for the bumper fascia protector as well. When I had my Pathfinder, that was the first thing to get scratched - even before I had any door dings - my bumper! Scraped it when unloading something heavy. Don't want that to happen to my "new baby"![/color]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts