GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us are getting low mileage with the 4 cylinder engine on the freeway. I am. Has GM helped anyone? 60 miles on the freeway 100% and only got 24mpg at 73 mph. Is anyone getting the advertised 32 mpg?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Doug said:
How many of us are getting low mileage with the 4 cylinder engine on the freeway. I am. Has GM helped anyone? 60 miles on the freeway 100% and only got 24mpg at 73 mph. Is anyone getting the advertised 32 mpg?
I get 32+ mpg on the highway in my I4.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Doug said:
The advertised 32 was done by not driving at 73 MPH. I was able to get it during my drive on SR-32 in Ohio for about 100 miles doing 60 MPH. I think I actually averaged like 31.1 MPG. Therefore I can't fault GM as their numbers are accurate to the EPA test which is what the label is.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Once in a while I see posts that indicate people get (or exceed) the number in big print on sticker but I don't believe most see that as they drive in real world conditions and not controlled environment like the EPA testing. I have gotten 26.5 (rated @22MPG highway) on my V6 AWD Terrain on a couple long trips on fairly flat roads with all forms of A/C off, but that is with cruise set at around 57 MPH.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Anything over 60mph with a I4 and the MPG numbers drop fast. I average 20-21 in the 70 mph range but I am driving around with a damaged engine that GM refuses to fix or replace. The HP fuel pump failed from the factory causing major oil dilution during break in. We will be leaving GM forever once this vehicle reaches 36 months or 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grunkster said:
i am with ya Doug...low mileage highway with 15K now on the clock...no fixes in sight!!
Asked my local SM if he has received any help from GM in reguards to mileage problems. His answer was a big NO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just came back from a trip where the rental I used was a 2012 4 cylinder Dodge Avenger with only 2900 miles. I drove a total of almost 650 miles and got an average of 27 mpg. Granted the roads from Fort Lauderdale to Key West are flat and 80 percent of the trip no doing over 60 mph. I wonder if my Nox with only 4000 miles would have come close.

·
Registered
482 Posts
cheech said:
I just came back from a trip where the rental I used was a 2012 4 cylinder Dodge Avenger with only 2900 miles. I drove a total of almost 650 miles and got an average of 27 mpg. Granted the roads from Fort Lauderdale to Key West are flat and 80 percent of the trip no doing over 60 mph. I wonder if my Nox with only 4000 miles would have come close.
I think at that speed and flat roads the your Nox could have done better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like I'm getting better mileage with Eco off only have 515 miles on it awd i4 avg 22 com 28.3 freeway .love the terrain

·
Registered
5 Posts
With less than 1000 miles on the speedo, 9 hour road trip, two people, fully loaded back end, 75 mph most of the way 29.5 mpg.
On the way back to FL tries a couple of hours at 70 mph, got 30.5.
Then tried a short way at 65 mph and got 31+.

Fully acceptable to me as the numbers are double what I used to get on my 2007 GMC Acadia V6!!!!

btk

·
Registered
673 Posts
what I have noticed and even with my previous car is people in the West or North West the fuel economy is not the same....as the Eastern States.

I get far worse fuel economy on the west coast then I do when I am on holidays on the east coast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you folks actually calculation the mileage or are you watching the display? I have a 4 cyl. 2012 and get less than 24 MPG. highway. I love the car but really are shocked at the mileage difference from what EPA suggested. I had an Aztek prior to this and it was a 6 cyl. and got 24 on the highway all the time. It was rated at 26 by the EPA.

Hard to believe an 8 mile difference does not represent a serious problem somewhere. Wish I would have gotten the 6 cyl. now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
cheech said:
On a 1676 mile trip mostly 70 MPH interstate with two days of stop and start driving around Gettysburg I did 29.46 for trip average, with high tank of 32.35 and a low tank of 26.41.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dallas to Vegas avg 23.5mpg no AC most of the way

Dallas to Jacksonville, FL 22.8

Mileage is unacceptable

The only way these people are getting 28+ is driving on flat surfaces and a tail wind. I just took mine in and the service manager drove it for two days. Said he got 19 in the city (called it aceptable) and 29 on the highway. When I asked how he drove it he said he reset the DIC when he got to cruising speed and never went over 55 and only went 2 miles.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
orion7144 said:
Dallas to Vegas avg 23.5mpg no AC most of the way

Dallas to Jacksonville, FL 22.8

Mileage is unacceptable
\
How fast were you driving? MPG drops quick with higher speeds.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts