GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did someone have a service bulletin number that pertained to the DIC reading to high? When I first got my vehicle the DIC would read maybe a mile or two lower then what the actual mileage was. Lately seems to intermittently read high one time and low the next. Right now we are on a trip and the DIC was reading 29.3 on my first tank and it figured out to 24.6. I'll probably run three or four more tanks through it before we get home so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
There is a bulletin out there somewhere, don't know the number for it or if it's only for specific vehicles, but there is one. If nobody posts it, you might be able to call your dealer and ask them to look it up, or call TAC for a reference to the specific number.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sumr616 said:
There is a bulletin out there somewhere, don't know the number for it or if it's only for specific vehicles, but there is one. If nobody posts it, you might be able to call your dealer and ask them to look it up, or call TAC for a reference to the specific number.
Maybe the brain is a little slow this morning, but whats TAC?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Don B said:
Maybe the brain is a little slow this morning, but whats TAC?
TAC is like a troubleshooting center I think, for dealers. I think, but not 100% sure, that it stands for Technical Assistance Center, or something like that. If you say "TAC" (like the word tack), the dealer should know who you're talking about. My dealer had called them once, when they couldn't figure out what to do about my car and the start-up noise & check-engine light, however, at the time the bulletin that I needed done on my car had only been out for about a week and it was not suggested to my dealer when they called. But then again, my dealer could have lied to me about calling TAC in the first place, they lied to me on 3 occasions during that 2 week long service visit about what that had/had not been performed.

It's my understanding that TAC can also "approve" extra work that may not be dictated specifically in a bulletin, TAC's approval would mean that your warranty would pay for that additional work and the dealer wouldn't have to eat the cost or pass the cost to you. That varies a lot on the situation and the dealer, I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts