GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the actual computed (not DIC) mileage results from a road trip (interstates) from Colorado to Washington State and return. 2010 Equinox AWD I4 in "ECO" mode.
Speed was at or 5 mph above posted speed of 65 in Oregon to 80 in southern Utah.

23 mpg Colorado Springs to Laramie
21 mpg Laramie to Evanston Had Strong Headwinds
27 mpg Evanston to Boise Same speed no wind
25 mpg Boise to Portland
25 mpg Portland to Yakima
25 mpg Yakima to Boise Hills
24 mpg Boise to Provo Heavy Traffic
26 mpg Provo to Mesquite 80 to 85 mph
22 mpg Mesquite to Flagstaff Strong Headwinds
25 mpg Albuquerque to Colorado Springs

Conclusion: About what I expected, 80 to 85 kept it in 6th gear, so mileage improved. At all of the other speeds, especialy 65 it would shift into 5th at the slightest incline. I have gotten 30 mpg but it was at 45 to 55 mph on a sightseeing two lane road.

PS: The DIC shows about 1 1/2 to 2 mpg higher than computed mileage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We picked up a 2010 2lt FWD with 38k on it and have yet to get under 30mpg on the display, I know this will be different then the actual but I haven't save the gas reciepts to do those calculations yet. Got stuck in a traffic jam in portland last week and it dropped down to 28 average on the tank, but once back on the hwy if slowly went back up above 30. My best yet was display of 34.6 with 90% hwy speed of 55-60, I love the gas mileage just have to be willing to drive slow to get it.. If I want to go faster I drive the acura type s, which gets 30mpg no matter how I drive it.

Been using eco mode on and off, but mainly I keep the instantaneous display up and feather the pedal eventually getting to the speed limit, but it takes me a little ways :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts