GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I thought I read that some people first noticed it after 23,000 miles. I'm not going to go thru 45 pages to find it though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you have a 2010, I would stick with dino, since it came with it, probably what the dealer put in, is what the car was developed on, and EPA rated with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Direct from the "horse's mouth"

>>>CLICK ME<<<

Be sure to click on the tab (Licensed Brands) contained in the link for additional information

The GM information contradicts some of what you were told
Since some full synthetics are on the list......I assume Penz. Platimum, Mobil 1 etc are OK??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Barry said:
Since some full synthetics are on the list......I assume Penz. Platimum, Mobil 1 etc are OK??
They are per the manual, but Mobil1 does not seem to work very well, from UOA with iron content, and its probably because its a real synthetic, meaning actually synthesized, group IV, PAO base stock. All the other synthetics on the market are ultra-refined conventional oil, group III base stock, and show good wear resistance. Now if you want to prevent oil in the fuel from blowby and potentially prevent oil from draining out of the camshaft actuators and potentially the oil actuated timing chain tensioner, then I would get the highest viscosity 5W-30 you can find, since the manual says you have to use 5W-30. Conventional oil maintains higher viscosity.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts