GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you plug an MP3 player into the Terrain, what does the system DO exactly?
(This IS a technical question, but not a PROBLEM)

I am using a smartphone/MP3 player in my Terrain, and was just curious as to how the car's system works. I mean, first I plugged the phone in for the first time and it spent around 6 to 8 minutes 'indexing.' Since then, however, it only spends 2 to 3 minutes indexing every time I plug the phone in, but starts playing from the same song and position last played before unplugging the phone.
What does the indexing do? Is it creating a playlist or something? If so, then why must it index every time I plug the phone in?

If any tech "geeks" ;D know, then please explain this. I am just REALLY curious about all this, LOL.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It reads what is on your player and makes a list so you can scroll through artists or albums etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, ok.
So it basically creates a map of the device's file structure and mp3 locations each time the device is plugged in.
Well shoot! That's so simple that I feel kinda stupid for not figuring it out on my own :(
I guess I was just thinking too much into it and making it more complicated than it really was.

Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts