GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 equinox with around 110,000 miles on it and i was driving it yesterday and the check engine light came on. Took it into chevy and they said it is the fuel tank pressure sensor. Its going to cost $550.00 to fix. I would like to fix it myself considering they said most of that money would be in labor cost. Is this something anyone has done or if you have ideas? Or is it something that i can let live and get away with it?

PLEASE HELP

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Have you tried Google ? Usually you can find good explanations/procedures there... or even Youtube.

Or maybe you can get a Chilton service manual for your vehicle.

Most of the people on this Forum own 2010 GM SUVs, and unlikely that they have owned a 2005 Equinox.

·
Registered
170 Posts
IIRC The problem is those fuel lines are high pressure lines so the fastener are not the standard home/depot kind then you need the special tool to install.. Better to get a corner garage to do it for you at 2/3 of the dealership price.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured the local shop might be able to help a little bit more on the price of the service.

although i tend to disagree on the fact that no one on here has ever owned a 05 equinox. Alot of people buy multiple of the same SUV if it is designed well and is a poupular item. And just for reference this SUV has been around for a while.

Thanks for the advice Ill fix this and go buy my new Equinox!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts