GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2010 equinox 2.4 for my wife. It currently has 50433 miles on it. After about a week of ownership we started having problems that I see are very similar to the HP fuel pump issues. When we took it to the dealership they found the TC button was stuck on so they ordered the part and cleared the codes. I have not got a SES light after the dealership cleared it but when I take it in on Friday for the TC is it worth mentioning the Fuel Pump or wait until I get another warning light... The dealership that is servicing it is a local Dodge/chevy dealer that is doing the TC button at the dodge store.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
GET A UOA ASAP!!! especially if you smell gas in the oil. Many people here have high levels of gas in their oil. I have the worst at 10%. Still going round and round with GM.

Did I mention GET A UOA ASAP!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand going round and round, I tell the stealership what I have researched and they say they have no clue what I am talking about... I even showed the service bulletin

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Did the dealer check the oil? Please contact me with more information regarding your concern and dealer visit. It would also be helpful to include the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer found no current codes so obviously "Nothing" wrong... they did update ECM and I had them change oil just for my piece of mind. I got a nice nail in my tire and ended up with a flat on the way home... funny I had been thinking about replacing tires so I ended up buy a new set (See my tire post)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2011 Nox has been having issues. The engine began to make a rattling sound, and it was idling really rough. Intermittently I would get a "reduced engine power" and "service stabillitrak" lights that would come on, always concurrently. Then, it began to shift really hard, you'd think the tranny had just fallen out from under the car! In addition, the fuel economy wasn't thrilling, despite my efforts to drive like an old lady. I took it to the dealership on Friday, where they "called GM" and GM advised them to replace my "camshaft actuator" and "timing chain balance shaft". The dealership didn't have the parts, so they asked me to come back Monday (yesterday) ad they'd fix my car and give me a free rental. I hopped on this forum over the weekend and saw the fuel smell in oil post and thought I'd give it a whiff. Sure enough, it reeks, even my husband who lost the majority of his sense of smell in a MVH accident could smell it! When I brought it back to the dealer yesterday I mentioned the smell. The tech said he could "smell something" but wasn't willing to say it was fuel because both oil and fuel are petroleum based products. I asked that they at least check my HPFP while they're in the bay fixing the other stuff anyway. The service adviser called me back last night and said they wanted to keep the car another day so the service foreman could take a look at it since the "fuel smell is such a concern to you". I told him since the car is having other issues, it is a concern....I didn't buy a new car to feel like I was driving a diesel truck! (In all irony, though, they did give me a Silverado for a rental...for someone that was clearly worried about getting good gas mileage because I drive all the time...the truck was an amusing choice)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
gotjulie said:
My 2011 Nox has been having issues. The engine began to make a rattling sound, and it was idling really rough. Intermittently I would get a "reduced engine power" and "service stabillitrak" lights that would come on, always concurrently. Then, it began to shift really hard, you'd think the tranny had just fallen out from under the car! In addition, the fuel economy wasn't thrilling, despite my efforts to drive like an old lady. I took it to the dealership on Friday, where they "called GM" and GM advised them to replace my "camshaft actuator" and "timing chain balance shaft". The dealership didn't have the parts, so they asked me to come back Monday (yesterday) ad they'd fix my car and give me a free rental. I hopped on this forum over the weekend and saw the fuel smell in oil post and thought I'd give it a whiff. Sure enough, it reeks, even my husband who lost the majority of his sense of smell in a MVH accident could smell it! When I brought it back to the dealer yesterday I mentioned the smell. The tech said he could "smell something" but wasn't willing to say it was fuel because both oil and fuel are petroleum based products. I asked that they at least check my HPFP while they're in the bay fixing the other stuff anyway. The service adviser called me back last night and said they wanted to keep the car another day so the service foreman could take a look at it since the "fuel smell is such a concern to you". I told him since the car is having other issues, it is a concern....I didn't buy a new car to feel like I was driving a diesel truck! (In all irony, though, they did give me a Silverado for a rental...for someone that was clearly worried about getting good gas mileage because I drive all the time...the truck was an amusing choice)
Please keep me posted on your progress with the dealer. Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gotjulie,

I had the same issues like you have in my Terrain for almost a year. Went to the dealer a lot times . Call GM few times.

No good fixing yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So its been about a month since my last "update" after ecm update and oil change it seemed to help until yesterday when the engine run on started again... I really don't feel like paying my local Gm store $50.00 to tell me they can't find anything... Currently no check engine light on! What should I do??????????/

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
2010silverchevy said:
So its been about a month since my last "update" after ecm update and oil change it seemed to help until yesterday when the engine run on started again... I really don't feel like paying my local Gm store $50.00 to tell me they can't find anything... Currently no check engine light on! What should I do??????????/
What is the $50 charge for ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Every GM store in the West Texas Area charges between $50 - $100 for diagnosis... I have paid $50 2x to be told nothing could be found

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
2010silverchevy said:
Every GM store in the West Texas Area charges between $50 - $100 for diagnosis... I have paid $50 2x to be told nothing could be found
By 'store'..do you mean dealership? Is your Equinox out of warrenty?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes dealership, it currently has 51k on it so still has power train warranty I also have a 3 yr 36k extended on it

·
Registered
16 Posts
:banghead:
Maybe helpful, my 2010 Terrain I4 bought brand new made a trip to the dealer this AM. Rough Idle, felt like it would die every 10-15 start ups, occasional hard shift. Got it to the dealer, within 30 min the adviser called me back and said they're replacing the Fuel Pump because it was leaking fuel into the crankcase. He knew this because he pulled the oil dipstick and immediately smelled fuel. Not sure if that's whats happening to yours, but apparently it is mine.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What really surprises me is that the dealers don't converse with each other or have some kind of melting pot to inform each other on various solutions to problems. Many dealers , including my 3, have never heard of the fuel/oil ratio problem and yet some dealers are well aware of the problem. And it looks like they all have different solutions too.
Don't dealers that are aware of a problem inform GM about it???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just went through the same process. Fuel in crankcase, replace fuel pump & change oil in a 2011 Terrain SLT.

Seems like this is happening a lot with this model.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Some members on here have gone through 3 fuel pumps so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have an appointment with a different chevy dealership on monday morning, does anyone have the tsb number so that I can give to the dealer I know I have seen it on here before but I can't find it at the moment...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nox has been at Chevy Dealership since yesterday morning so far they have not found anything... I tried to point them in the right direction I think but you never know... Of course its like a sick kid no SES light on when I dropped it off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts