GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of what was just updated today by my GM dealer.

ECM programming
1-12637495 New software with improved misfire converter protection
2-12637535 New calibration to improve cold starting
3-12637532 New calibration to improve cold starting
4-12637537 New calibration to improve cold starting
5-12639845 New calibration to address detonation, spark knock and or rattle noise on light acceleration 1500-1900 RPM
6-12650772 New calibration to revert phaser oil control valve frequency back to 150hz for durability concerns
7-12633518 New software
8-12634344 New calibration for start of production

TCM programming
1-24252872 operation system
2-24256214 New calibration to improve the delayed reverse engagement
3-24256216 New calibration to improve the delayed reverse engagement
4-24255173 New calibration to improve the delayed reverse engagement

As several people have come forward with many complainants about the 2.4L making noise from the fuel pump!! Look at the update I just had done before a trip to Alberta.
Our 2.4L had just started the 1500-2000 RPM ignition ping as I knew for sure that was the issue I sent my wife to the dealer.With a appointment booked at the dealer PRESTONS in Langley not Barnes who we had purchased it from.A previous service they (Barnes) treated me like a idiot so we have since changed dealers for service)
What a switch I tell you, service like no ones business.They found we needed several updates all listed above.
With a little talk to someone :thumb: 12639845 New calibration to address detonation, spark knock and or rattle noise on light acceleration 1500-1900 RPM is needed by all 2.4L yes all this is due to the timing change stretch is more than tolerance.
Never mind chasing the fuel pump if you have a 2.4L take it in for a update as listed above.

:thumb: :thumb:

Now we just finished a 7 day trip Vancouver to Calgary, to Drumheller up to Edmonton then home to Vancouver via Jasper.
With all this mountain driving chasing a black bear then just missing a Moose :eek: :eek: we averaged 8.2L per 100klm or 19.2MPG. over the mountains speed was 110 kph most of the time in Alberta was also with AC on.

·
Registered
341 Posts
RAW2u said:
Here is a list of what was just updated today by my GM dealer.

ECM programming
1-12637495 New software with improved misfire converter protection
2-12637535 New calibration to improve cold starting
3-12637532 New calibration to improve cold starting
4-12637537 New calibration to improve cold starting
5-12639845 New calibration to address detonation, spark knock and or rattle noise on light acceleration 1500-1900 RPM
6-12650772 New calibration to revert phaser oil control valve frequency back to 150hz for durability concerns
7-12633518 New software
8-12634344 New calibration for start of production

TCM programming
1-24252872 operation system
2-24256214 New calibration to improve the delayed reverse engagement
3-24256216 New calibration to improve the delayed reverse engagement
4-24255173 New calibration to improve the delayed reverse engagement

As several people have come forward with many complainants about the 2.4L making noise from the fuel pump!! Look at the update I just had done before a trip to Alberta.
Our 2.4L had just started the 1500-2000 RPM ignition ping as I knew for sure that was the issue I sent my wife to the dealer.With a appointment booked at the dealer PRESTONS in Langley not Barnes who we had purchased it from.A previous service they (Barnes) treated me like a idiot so we have since changed dealers for service)
What a switch I tell you, service like no ones business.They found we needed several updates all listed above.
With a little talk to someone :thumb: 12639845 New calibration to address detonation, spark knock and or rattle noise on light acceleration 1500-1900 RPM is needed by all 2.4L yes all this is due to the timing change stretch is more than tolerance.
Never mind chasing the fuel pump if you have a 2.4L take it in for a update as listed above.

:thumb: :thumb:

Now we just finished a 7 day trip Vancouver to Calgary, to Drumheller up to Edmonton then home to Vancouver via Jasper.
With all this mountain driving chasing a black bear then just missing a Moose :eek: :eek: we averaged 8.2L per 100klm or 19.2MPG. over the mountains speed was 110 kph most of the time in Alberta was also with AC on.
Thanks for the post - I've been so consumed with the start-up knock, I haven't even gotten around to having the dealership look at my other problems - like the FP noise :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
RAW2U Thanks for posting the update. I had my Nox into my dealer on Friday for the HPFP insulator application. I'll call them now tomorrow and check on these new bulletins. :thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are both welcome. ;)

These numbers may just be a service number, yes still look into it.
Glad we did! My wife says ( my baby drives like a new car all over again)!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
printed and this is coming with me to the dealership next time im over that way. thank you :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you are not 100% sure that you have the audible detonation I wouldnt load that cal it'll kill fuel economy a bit...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GTPprix said:
If you are not 100% sure that you have the audible detonation I wouldnt load that cal it'll kill fuel economy a bit...
I agree
;)

BUT a dealer will not load it if the timing is not a issue.And from what I was told the timing issue is due to a timing chain stretch TOO MUCH and premature.

Now with a lot of people having these issues ,I can see down the road a possible recall for the timing chains. No engine should stretch out that much, that a timing recalibration is needed within a year of purchase!! :eek:hno: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can anyone explain exactly what those #s are in RAW2U post. i emailed them to the service mgr and he basically asked me what the hell i was trying to ask him and what those #'s are... gonna guess they arent an actual TSB or anything? or should i stop going to this place...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts