GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I am wanting to replace the fuel filter on my 2015 GMC Terrain SLE 2.4L as preventative maintenance. Upon searching for a part number on the GM site "fuel filter" returns nothing. Can someone please elaborate as to where I would find this replacement part?

·
Registered
809 Posts
The fuel filter is not serviceable. It is a permanent/lifetime filter located inside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I believe it was 2005 or so that GM did away with external fuel filters.
My 03 trailblazer had one, and in 05 or so owners were asking for location... nope, they had none.. even after posting pics of my filter location

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,510 Posts
Fuel Filter: one of the most over-changed parts that never solved a single problem.

"My car's hesitating ... maybe it's a clogged-up fuel filter ... yeah, I'll change the fuel filter ... that's gotta be it ..."

(BIG RED "X" WITH BUZZER SOUND FROM 'FAMILY FUED')!

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,564 Posts
Filters used to be a big issue years ago. I've been the victim a few times years ago with carbs and early FI systems.
Ceramic in carb GM filter plugging was common and pulling it out a putting an inline one it was normal.
Old GF's '87 Z24 was dead in the water at 10k miles due to a plugged filter. One of the first FI cars I had to work on.
Late '90's GM filters were common, 30k was the service interval, Fords had a bigger filter that was 50k rated.
More filtration in the fuel supply chain seems to be the answer now IMO plus the elimination of metal in ground tanks.

Reactions: garagerog
1 - 5 of 5 Posts