GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I cant for the life of me find the fuel filter! 2018 1.6 terrain diesel, am I an idiot?

No you're not alone...in the nox the manual says it is in front of the passenger side back tire...well it is also nearly 10 inches or more towards the centre of the vehicle. We have the FWD so i suspect the AWD (if you have one) will have more stuff around it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you guys replace just the filter or the full kit? I am not entirely sure what the difference is other than $100

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just replaced the filter. No need to replace the housing unless it’s damaged. It took longer to jack the car up and take off the right rear tire than it did to remove the filter. Once you’ve safely supported the vehicle, firmly hold the housing while removing the filter cap from the bottom. Be certain to place a drain pan beneath prior to doing so as you will spill a few ounces of diesel. Also, once you’re finished with the process, you’ll want to prime the fuel system BEFORE trying to start the vehicle back up. Easiest fuel filter change ever! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts