GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a number of threads regarding the TSB 14882 on 201-2013 GMC Terrains. Well, I found myself with this same issue recently. Car died on 2/14/2020 when it was 3 degrees outside, rear main seal failed, $1200 repair. TSB 14882 does not apply due to my VIN number. I feel everyone's pain on here. I have spent nearly a month climbing the GM management ladder and at the end of the day was offered 10% coverage of repair costs (a whopping $118). I got nearly all the way to the top with this, with the final hammer coming down from the Executives Office at GM, after I emailed Mary Barra directly ([email protected]).

Ultimately, I'm stuck in the same spot as most of you, covering the costs by myself. The only recommended thing from the dealership and one GM employee, was to file a complaint with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB main office 202-314-6000). I implore everyone on here that has had this issue or anything related to TSB 14882 and are being denied coverage to call and file a complaint. If enough complaints are filed, GM will be forced to investigate this further, and hopefully forced to back pay any expenses we incurred.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts