GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just had my front windows tinted Arizona legal. Makes a big difference. A little expensive, $100, but worth it.

Brian

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
irwinbdi said:
Hello all,

I just had my front windows tinted Arizona legal. Makes a big difference. A little expensive, $100, but worth it.

Brian
Pics????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello all,

Here's Arizona's law on window tinting:

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN ARIZONA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Arizona, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 33% of light in.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN ARIZONA?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows Must not be more than 35% reflective.
Back Side Windows Must not be more than 35% reflective.

I will post some pics also.

Brian

·
Registered
635 Posts
Canadian tint rules http://www.windowfilm.ca/auto/autofaq.html#Q12

The laws regarding window film vary from province to province. The following are a summation of the laws in each province:

British Columbia - No film is permitted on the driver’s compartment, right and left. Any film may be installed on the side windows behind the driver. Any film may be applied to the rear window, provided the vehicle has 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

Alberta - Same as British Columbia.

Saskatchewan - Same as British Columbia.

Manitoba - For driver’s compartment, right and left, the minimum visible light transmittance, net, is 50%. The maximum visible light transmittance, net, is 35%. For windows behind the driver’s compartment, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance, net, is 35%. Where film is installed behind the driver’s compartment, 2 external rear view mirrors are required. The net figures that are allowed are enforced at plus or minus 5%.

Ontario - For the driver’s compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver’s compartment, any film can be installed.

Quebec - For the driver’s compartment, right and left, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance is 70% on automotive net basis. Any film may be installed behind the driver’s compartment, provided the vehicle is outfitted with 2 exterior rear view mirrors.

New Brunswick - Same as Ontario.

Prince Edward Island - Same as British Columbia.

Nova Scotia - No film is permitted on any glazing surface.

Newfoundland - Same as Ontario.

NOTE: Laws vary from province to province and may change at any time. Courage Distributing recommends you call your local Authorized SUN-GARD Dealer for the most current regulations in your province.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
I'm not an expert, but it looks like the installer did an excellent job. Is this 35% (I'm assuming you did the maximum allowed)?
Look like the lgihtest. 35% would be a shade darker.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like that...seems just a shade lighter than the rear window factory tint. I'm not a really big fan of over tinting the windows to the point you can't see enough for safety at night. I over tinted my BMW and although it looks great..it's just a bit too dark for nightime driving. But then, all of this is a matter of taste...with some safety thrown in.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Some of these driverside windows here in Florida you cannot even see in alittle..I do not know what the Law is here but if i were a Trooper or Sheriff stoping one of these cars I would have my gun out as I approaced the car.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello all,

Yes, I had the windows tinted to Arizona legal. (Maximum tinting allowed) It is 33%.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts