GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Front seat back panel

18K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dfreas2010equinox 
#1 ·
I have the heated leather seats and need to remove the plastic panel on the back of the front seats. Can anyone advise me on how they come off?

#4 ·
Be careful. When my dealership fixed my lumbar support they tore the leather near the vertical piping on the back of the seat. After escalating my complaint to the dealership GM, they agreed to pay for the repair. The photo is of the hole they created -- one in each side of the panel.

#6 ·
fasted said:
I'm thinking of headrest DVD. That is what happens when you don't follow GM service procedures. That is what I want to avoid.
Cool - if you document it with pictures, I'm sure many will be interested.

#7 ·
I have found that the techs at many dealerservice centers do not do a quaility job. Leaving a seat like that is unbelieveable. The tech at my local independent shop previously worked for a Ford dealer. He was paid by the job for all work. He said the techs would cut corners anyway they can to make more $$. You pay top dollar for dealers to repair vehicles that they say are well trained techs. How is it that they forget to do things (Like reset OLM's) or leave a seat like that and you have to escaltae .

#9 ·
There is 4 plastic "L" shaped clips and 2 plastic hooks that retain the seat backs to the seats. Starting at the bottom, insert a plastic trim tool and locate the first clip. Once you find the center of the clip, push upwards while prying towards the rear of the seat until it pops out. Next do this to the other bottom clip. Once the bottom of the panel is unsecured from the seat back, there are 2 clips on either side of the panel. Perform the same procedure for these clips to release the sides of the panel. Lastly pull the panel downwards (towards the floor to release the top 2 hooks on the panel. Thats it. Siple and easy. The first clip is a little bit of a pain because these panels are quite tightly secured, but once the first one is unclipped, the rest are easy. I can take mine off and provide pics if you need them. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.