GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 Equinox LT FWD with 110000miles.

I have a right front squeak when the brakes are on / off going around corners, not all the time but anything under 30MPH it will squeak intermittent.
I am able to stop the squeak if i move the steering wheel just slightly to the right.
The ABC and Traction control light are also on. when I first start driving the ABS kicks in for about 1 minute then the lights come on and the system de-activates

I have replaced:
Pads, Rotors, calipers, both front wheel hubs(which includes the ABS sensors)
At this rate I will be having a brand new front end.

Mechanic has never seen this problem continue, we are thinking the next thing should be the brake hose going to the each caliper.

Any input would be great !

Thanks

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am not sure what could be causing your concern, but I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
brianv said:
Have a 2006 Equinox LT FWD with 110000miles.

I have a right front squeak when the brakes are on / off going around corners, not all the time but anything under 30MPH it will squeak intermittent.
I am able to stop the squeak if i move the steering wheel just slightly to the right.
The ABC and Traction control light are also on. when I first start driving the ABS kicks in for about 1 minute then the lights come on and the system de-activates

I have replaced:
Pads, Rotors, calipers, both front wheel hubs(which includes the ABS sensors)
At this rate I will be having a brand new front end.

Mechanic has never seen this problem continue, we are thinking the next thing should be the brake hose going to the each caliper.

Any input would be great !

Thanks
Did you lube the brake pad "slides" - the rods that the calipers slide on. Usually a little silicone grease is needed. Just a guess...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts