GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently drove our 2013 Terrain into a ditch thus breaking the axle, control arm and suspension link on the front passenger side. I replaced everything with new quality OEM parts and got her back on the road. It rides and handles great except for now I am hearing popping and cracking type noises coming from the driver's side. Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Lift up vehicle and make sure the bolts on control arms are tight.
Then the cradle bolts.

·
Registered
08 LS AWD Summit white(SOLD), 07 Torrent FWD Black, 05 Pursuit Sedan, '16 F150 XLT Sport Blue Flame
67 Posts
Check all the fasteners and components. Typically, i worked from the outside in- so check the fenders, fender liner, any beauty covers, etc, then check all of your suspension components, their fasteners. Check the sway bar, the brackets, the brake shield, random little things. See if it replicates it when on jack-stands or only when on the ground. Also check the powertrain mounts and make sure that they didn't get banged up or damaged. I just dropped the cradle on my brothers 05 cobalt and the front rad had a weird little bracket that bolted to the sub frame then the rad/ac condenser just sat on top of it using rubber grommets. Does it sound like plastic? Rubber? Metal? Combination of the above?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts