new to this forum. had my terrain for 3 wks now and i love it:

SLE-2
AWD
V6
Onyx black
Jet black premium interior
Convenience package
Sunroof

Already installed the T Rex 3 piece billet overlay grille.... will put on the mud guards this w/e or next and then when it gets warmer, i'll probably black vinyl the emblems... lookin to change the rims too... but i also want to change the bulbs on the headlights and foglights... has anyone changed the bulbs on the foglights? do you pull out the whole unit from the front? the instructions in the manual aren't great so wondering if anyone here has done it and can run me through it? thanks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I did the H9 mod on both the lows and fogs. Work great and very bright. The fog bulbs get Changed from the back of the housing via under the car. The headlight bulbs get changed from the rear of the housing via a access door in the front wheel wells.
Easy job ;D

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
fireman591 said:
I did the H9 mod on both the lows and fogs. Work great and very bright.
Did the H9 bulb change the aiming/cut-point of the high beams at all, or does the projector housing keep it the same. What is the advantage of the H9, higher wattage ? (i.e. brighter)

·
Registered
365 Posts
RIT333 said:
Did the H9 bulb change the aiming/cut-point of the high beams at all, or does the projector housing keep it the same. What is the advantage of the H9, higher wattage ? (i.e. brighter)
Same bulb just a brighter filament. No problem on the electrical for the extra wattage. The only issue is you have to trim a few tabs on the bulb for it to fit in a h11 socket. Pretty easy though. I did not change the high beams. Just the lows and fogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts