GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2018 Equinox recently and was surprised and a bit disappointed that fog lights did not come with the 2.0 LT. Why isn't this a standard item by now? Also the stop/start feature has no button to shut it off when you are in a traffic jam. Paid a lot of money and there are items that are standard on other make cars which are not on the Chevy unless you upgrade with lots more money involved.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bought a 2018 Equinox recently and was surprised and a bit disappointed that fog lights did not come with the 2.0 LT. Why isn't this a standard item by now? Also the stop/start feature has no button to shut it off when you are in a traffic jam. Paid a lot of money and there are items that are standard on other make cars which are not on the Chevy unless you upgrade with lots more money involved.
If it makes you feel any better I have a Premier and the fog lights on it are very disapointing,you haven't missied out on much. They are not led, just regular bulbs and not that bright.Also none of the Equinoxs have a stop-start cut off switch, however there will be a module out shortly that you can purchase and install yourself to overide the cut off feature.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Bought a 2018 Equinox recently and was surprised and a bit disappointed that fog lights did not come with the 2.0 LT. Why isn't this a standard item by now?

It is typical for the first year of a new body style not to have all available options.
They are added in later years and in different trim levels.
By the third year, you will usually see larger changes such as engine and transmission updates.
A little due dilligence goes a long way.

For example the 2019 Equinox is adding, among other things, Adaptive Cruse Control and Front Pedestrian Braking.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We have both an LT and a premier, (with fog lights std.). I was also disappointed that the LT didn't even offer them in a package. I installed the fog lights in the LT, using the premier housings and made my own harness using the GM delphi style connectors, two relays and a switch with led indicator light. The whole process is more than most would bother with, but I enjoy this kind of project in an effort to have things my way. By the way my installation works the same way as on the premier, (on w/low beams, off w/high beams), except they don't have to be turned back on each time the vehicle is shut down. (The switch controls whether they are activated or not).
Post above is accurate, they don't put out much light. I may consider LED bulbs in the future.
Howard

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I concur with what others have said - the stock fog lights are of little value. I thought I would use them a lot to supplement the also weak headlights, but haven't. They don't give off much light and they are wired in a way that discourages usage. They only come on with the low beams, and they have to be reset each time the vehicle is shut off. Also, the fog lights don't work with the automatic headlight dimmer system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a question: I just bought a LT Diesel 2018 Equinox. When I look at the front of the car, it clearly has fog lights. However, there is no switch inside at all. Im wondering if my lights are dummies or did GM, in fact, not install the correct switch housing on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Does anyone know? Has anyone seen this before?

I feel a little dumb for asking.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
Here's a question: I just bought a LT Diesel 2018 Equinox. When I look at the front of the car, it clearly has fog lights. However, there is no switch inside at all. Im wondering if my lights are dummies or did GM, in fact, not install the correct switch housing on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Does anyone know? Has anyone seen this before?

Unless your dealer put them in special, the LTs did not come with fogs, and it was not an option. But, it looks like a fog - unlike the 10-17 that had a big black "flag" saying that "I don't have fog lights".

·
Registered
505 Posts

I agree that the lights appear to be fog lamps, but on my LT, they are merely signal/flashers.

Look closely and you will see the amber bulb on the bottom, but there is no lens above that bulb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2019 and Chevy didn't learn a thing! Same stupid set up. And, I just saw a review of the 2021 Equinox.... and guess what! same stupid ****... no fog lights without huge upgrade and the interior has NOT be redesigned at all! Chevy has become a big disappointment!

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
It is Chevy's attempt to upsell to the customer

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Just another reason I felt the Acadia was a better buy at < $31K with incentives.

The 2019 SLT-1 came with fog lights and as much or more than our previous Equinox LTZ.

And near the same MPG as the 2.0L turbo and needs no premium fuel. In fact . . the same or better MPG on highway driving.

but. .. understand the needs/wants of others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts