GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Equinox LT and recently the dash lights, console lights, fog lamps, and rear driving lights went out. Thinking just a fuse I replaced it but it blew right after. I then tried the Park Lamp relay but that did nothing to help. Any help or advice.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Have you contacted your local dealership? There are many benefits to taking a vehicle to your local dealership. You can guarantee that technicians are ASE certified and that the parts come with a GM parts warranty. For these reasons, I would recommend taking the vehicle to your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage, I will be able to take further steps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Equinox303 said:
I have a 2005 Equinox LT and recently the dash lights, console lights, fog lamps, and rear driving lights went out. Thinking just a fuse I replaced it but it blew right after. I then tried the Park Lamp relay but that did nothing to help. Any help or advice.
Sounds like you have a dead short in the lighting circuit. If you know electrical circuits, then you can chance it down, but otherwise, go to a dealer. You can spend a lot of time chasing it down, and still not get anyplace. Have you made any changes to your lighting recently? If so, that is the 1st place to look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did take it to the dealership but it was $100 to just look at it plus the cost of the part and probably labor. Thank you for the advice though.

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Equinox303 said:
I did take it to the dealership but it was $100 to just look at it plus the cost of the part and probably labor. Thank you for the advice though.
If you're near Schenectady NY, I'd spend an hour trying to help you out - for free ! Let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts