GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the 1LT Equinox without the fog lamps. But I like the chrome look of the fog light bezels in the lower front bumper. Does anyone know if I can get the chrome bezels to just put on over the black ones that came on it? I don't care if there are "working" fog lamps there, I just like the "look". Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I received the chrome (plastic) bezels and they are very simple to install. So for $70.00 USD I have the look I was aiming for.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SnowItch, yes I did a bit of research but not to the point where I'm going to do anymore at this time. And thanks again for the link to the parts web site. I'll keep that handy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just did this install on mine. Bought the foglights from Blinglights for $60. Got OEM Bezel from dealer for $70.00. Got different rocker switch from NAPA for $7 because the one from Blinglights was too big and red. I got one with a little green light dot. Paid my friend to wire up and install. My switch is mounted just above the dash light adjustment knob left of the steering column. Wired to interior fuse box wih two inline fuses. If I happen to leave the foglights on they will go off when I turn the ignition off. I also changed the low beam bulbs to Silver Star H11 for $34. Compared to stock they are both brighter. Worth the extra bucks IMHA. So for a grand total of of $250 I have more brightness and the bezels look way better than the black plastic plug/trim piece. 8)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ive been an advocate since the reveal of the new 'Nox to fill in that plastic plug with something more upscale than that cheap ass looking plug.

If you'll can fix that then the 'Nox looks AMAZING!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Snowgov said:
Update: I received the chrome (plastic) bezels and they are very simple to install. So for $70.00 USD I have the look I was aiming for.
What is the procedure to do this, I also have ordered the bezels. Please elaborate on the install, is there any problems or cutting to do? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ccharlie... I also have the bezels for my Equinox...Did ur blinglights mount directly inside the new chrome bezels?? Did anybody successfully install the lights?? Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
137 Posts
No they did not mount directly. Had my handy friend do the job. You have to trim (reem out) part of the bezel then mount the lights by tacking them in with epoxy. After you have determined how you want the lights to shine ( up-down, left -right) then you can put a little more epoxy to hold in place. Been in for several months and all is well. I have had many compliments including from the dealer how well they look and work.
I am not a handy person so unless you are get a body shop or mechanic friend to do the job. I do not have any pics of the procedure but might get some of the final product and figure out how to post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts