GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was actually thinking about doing this to my 2013 1LT Nox. Would the install work the same? Just curious if the 2013s have all the necessary hook up. I went to the dealer and they told me conversion packages weren't available. Also looking into doing it from aftermarket and everything I saw said to use the GM replacement bezels as others didn't fit as well.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I added the bezels and bulbs on mine but didn't not wire them up because the 2012 LTs are not prewired and would take mounting an aftermarket switch, etc. Took an hour or two, worth it imho. On the 2013s they might be compatible with the kit GM released, in which case it is wired and will include a different light stalk, but keep in mind you will need some reprogramming to get them to work, which will probably involve a trip to the dealer even if you do the other work.

If you find the kit on a parts website it will state the model years that are compatible.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
have installed fog lights on my 2015 equinox,wired them into my parking lights. since then i have a check engine light on. coincidence?? my email is [email protected].
Try disconnecting the fogs and see if the MIL light goes off, or go to Advance Auto and pull the code to see the issue, but my guess is it is just a coincidence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hopefully someone can help, I bought a 17' Premier model rebuilt. It got hit in the front and when they replaced the front they did not replace it with the fog lights but there is a switch inside the car already. I wanted to add the fog lights so I ordered both on Ebay . I attached a picture to show the front with the fog light covers it has currently on. My question is should it be fairly easy to install them? Do i need to order any kind of harness or anything besides the fog light housing? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
hopefully someone can help, I bought a 17' Premier model rebuilt. It got hit in the front and when they replaced the front they did not replace it with the fog lights but there is a switch inside the car already. I wanted to add the fog lights so I ordered both on Ebay . I attached a picture to show the front with the fog light covers it has currently on. My question is should it be fairly easy to install them? Do i need to order any kind of harness or anything besides the fog light housing? Thanks for any help!

Unless they replaced the wiring harness, these should be a set of wires for the fogs, and then you should be able to plug them in, and they should operate from the factory switch. Look for some loose wires near the fogs light area.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts