GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow your quality of work and attention to detail is above reproach.

I'm still kicking around doing a fog install on my 2018 Encore.
I think I'll use the factory switch like in the 4th pic of your post #31.
It looks good and the fit and position is right, the LED when on is also nice.

The wire, fuse, and relay part I will do by hand using the factory harness from GM.
Your pics and part numbers for the connectors are what I needed.
I'll skip the BCM hassle and use the hard wire approach.
Did you ever decide to tackle this?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Did you ever decide to tackle this?
I got side tracked on this project.
For some reason the right side fog lamp assembly had a change in part numbers.
I need to go down to the dealer and pull up a chair at the parts counter and find out what's up.
Is the left going to change to??

Also need to finalize the Buick wiring part numbers
This is a no rush project

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got side tracked on this project.
For some reason the right side fog lamp assembly had a change in part numbers.
I need to go down to the dealer and pull up a chair at the parts counter and find out what's up.
Is the left going to change to??

Also need to finalize the Buick wiring part numbers
This is a no rush project
If you don't feel like using relays for this let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I have bought a Chevrolet Equinox LS 2018 that comes without fog lamps. I thought that i could buy them later and I bought the 2 fog lamps with the part numbers are 84226249 and 84226250. Now i have a big problem, because i need a new harness and others parts in order to install the new 2 fog lamps.

I would like to know all the parts that i need to buy in order to install the 2 fog lamps in my Chevrolet Equinox LS model 2018.

Regards
Alex
Went aftermarket and installed them for a neighbor, super easy to wire up and works perfectly with having everything included with the kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wired them to the turn signals for switch back and DRL For the normal runners and fog lights them self which are led are hooked up to to headlights
So fogs automatically come on with headlights? I guess that would be less hassle then what I did lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So fogs automatically come on with headlights? I guess that would be less hassle then what I did lol.
That way you don’t have to wire any after market switches or take your car to the dealer to get the pcm to recognize your car has fogs when it wasn’t equipped with them

·
Registered
35 Posts
That way you don’t have to wire any after market switches or take your car to the dealer to get the pcm to recognize your car has fogs when it wasn’t equipped with them
Dealer won't reprogram. I tried 4, as well as buying a GM MDI and calling tech line to do it myself. Ended up getting done with the help of the dark web. Wanted it as factory as possible. Check out earlier posts of mine in this thread to see what it look to go factory lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dealer won't reprogram. I tried 4, as well as buying a GM MDI and calling tech line to do it myself. Ended up getting done with the help of the dark web. Wanted it as factory as possible. Check out earlier posts of mine in this thread to see what it look to go factory lol
Your the reason I endeavored in this journey for my neighbor who has no knowledge of doing this stuff. He did not want to get the factory switch for it so with some testing I wired it all up through all the proper circuits. Took some time to figure out all the ways of Chinese wiring with the aftermarket fog lights but once that was done it was a piece of cake. From start to finish it only took me 4 hours to get it done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your the reason I endeavored in this journey for my neighbor who has no knowledge of doing this stuff. He did not want to get the factory switch for it so with some testing I wired it all up through all the proper circuits. Took some time to figure out all the ways of Chinese wiring with the aftermarket fog lights but once that was done it was a piece of cake. From start to finish it only took me 4 hours to get it done.
Glad my effort wasn't all in vain lol!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts