GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New here.
Just thought I would pass along that I finally got my fog lts to work using the engine compartment fuse box fog lt relay and fuse.
Had to use a toggle switch and relay since the vehicle came with no switch on the left hand steering column dimmer/light control.
Used oem grille and fog light insert(not cheap) and added hid ballast and bulbs.
Naturally had to run shielded wire from both lts to fuse box and add a terminal pin to the fog lt relay(not for the faint of heart.)
Grounding the relay activates it so this is what I use for my dash switch.
The under dash relay protects the battery if the fog lt switch is left on when car is shut off.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, WTTB. Any pictures? What hid color did you get? I'm running 8000k in my fogs...

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
mbjr25 said:
Hello, WTTB. Any pictures? What hid color did you get? I'm running 8000k in my fogs...
If you chose the "color" (temp) for the rice-effect, fine, but for the best use of fog lights, the lower the temperature, the better - i.e. 3000 degrees works excellent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
**** dude, why you bashing on me? I never say anything towards you. Just because I like the more bluish look doesn't mean I'm going for any "ricer" look.....

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
mbjr25 said:
**** dude, why you bashing on me? I never say anything towards you. Just because I like the more bluish look doesn't mean I'm going for any "ricer" look.....
Sorry, you are right - I stereo-typed you for having a blueish look. To each their own. My appologies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's alright.. I know the 8k aren't that good in terms of visibility compared to the 3k. Like you said "To each their own"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts