GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of all weather floor mats should I get for my 2012 equinox? I found the front OEM ones on ebay for $58. I hear people talk about husky and weathertech.... but do those have the holes to fit the hooks so they can be secured down (driver side)?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have the Weathertech extremes...they have the hole for the floor hooks..I like mine, they work great!...I was just going to use them for winter, but have left them in all year long..

I have tried to find winter mats at all the auto stores....but none of them covered/protected the whole area...the weathertech do.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Weathertech here too. I just got the fronts.
I found some 'deep' style ones for the back seats at a local store for cheap. They work fine in the rear.

I don't carry passengers much and they are large enough to protect the carpeting.

http://www.weathertech.com/

·
Registered
99 Posts
weathertech digital liners front, back and cargo mat. the front ones do have the post or hole for whichever you have.

my 2012 had the post, i just stated that when i ordered and the fronts were specific for the post, clipped right in.

also have all weathertech in the wifes 08 honda odyessy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently got a full set of husky weatherbeaters, decided to go with them due to post on here, stating that the mat goes up high for the dead pedal.
They fit well, and I finally can rest my foot on the dead pedal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ziason said:
I recently got a full set of husky weatherbeaters, decided to go with them due to post on here, stating that the mat goes up high for the dead pedal.
They fit well, and I finally can rest my foot on the dead pedal.
Husky mats for front and back and Weathertech cargo mat for me. Just ordered the Husky mats. Have not gotten them yet. But I am sure I'll like them. Due to the adjustable rear seat, I find it a bit annoying to deal with the cargo mat. I would like to have a carpeted cargo mat for when my dog is back there. But unless the seat is adjusted specifically for the mat, you get space where there is no protection. The Weathertech cargo mat has a folding piece to help with this. But it is still a bit annoying. BUT, overall, I like my Weathertech mat. Will post again once I get my Husky liners.

I, too, seem to rest my foot on the dead panel. The fact they go up further is also why I got them.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have the Huskys
Weathertech use to have a hole, but now I think they just have a bump like the Huskys. Someone who has the new ones can comment on that.
I didn't like the one with holes so I went with the Huskys and they do go higher then the Weathertechs on the dead pedal area. Pricewise I think they are about the same price - depending on where you buy them. One thing I did notice on both is the cutout for the side floor vent. It doesn't go low enough(blocks some of the heat). I just took a razor knife and trimed it a little lower. Very easy to do.

Either one will give you protection - Husky's a little bit more.

·
Registered
241 Posts
GARYD said:
One thing I did notice on both is the cutout for the side floor vent. It doesn't go low enough(blocks some of the heat). I just took a razor knife and trimed it a little lower. Very easy to do.
Hmm, I need to check this on mine. I've never paid attention to see if it is blocking my heat vent.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got my Husky mats and they are exactly what I wanted. Love how far they go up on the dead panel!! So so soooooooo much better than the OEM all-weather mats!! So, Husky mats in front and back. Weathertech cargo mat. Now, anyone got a carpeted cargo mat you would recommend? When I have my dog with me, I would like to have something a bit softer back there for her.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
My wife has the Huskies. They not only cover more carpet at the dead panel...but fit up under the front seats..and slightly tuck/slip under the seat tracks where the WeatherTech do not. However..the WeatherTech 'cargo' mat has a better design for coverage when the back seats are layed down. Before we received our '11 Equinox in the fall of 2010..I had kept an eye on the posts here for the best setup...and ordered the Husky front&rear..and WeatherTech cargo mat. In the summertime when/if removing front & mid mat coverings..the carpets look clean and new. Very nice combo..!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Try checking with a carpet store for cut off pieces. You might find a pattern and size you like and for very little money. I use to use carpet remnants - free. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered Husky's front and back for my 2012 Terrain. JC Whitney has the set for $115 with free shipping. I'll probably go with the Weather tech cargo liner.

·
Registered
112 Posts
GARYD said:
Try checking with a carpet store for cut off pieces. You might find a pattern and size you like and for very little money. I use to use carpet remnants - free. LOL
That's a good ideA! THANKS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have OEM and I am happy with them

1 - 20 of 39 Posts