GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One issue, one question...

Issue... I have three flash drives and there probably is at least 6 gigs on each of two. Sometimes when I start up the vehicle, the radio takes forever to recognize the flash drives, sometimes not at all. Then when it does it needs to 'index' the music which takes a few minutes. My commute is a short one so by the time it stops indexing I am at work. When it indexes, it plays the first song all the time. Was wondering if this is what other see?

Question... I like my mp3 to shuffle music. Is there a way to default this selection instead of having to sleect it each time?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am using a SanDisk Cruzer Fit (8gb). I have over 1000 songs on it and it starts right up a few seconds after the car starts. I set it for shuffle the first time and it stays set on shuffle each time the car starts or I switch to the flash drive. I have the songs broken up into about 20 folders and the shuffle jumps in and out of all the folders.

The Cruzer Fit is by far the best choice for a flash drive in this car. It only sticks out about 1/8 of an inch, so it does not block anything already in the console and will not get hit by anything going into the console. I highly recommend this flash drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also use the San Disk Cruzer Fit because of it's short projection from the outlet.

I did notice one problem though, with a 32GB thumb drive, my MyLink system did shut down twice, the first time it immediately came back up (like a reboot), but the 2nd time it stayed off. I was able to power it back on.

Is there a limit on the capacity of the flash drive that can be used on the MyLink system?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also use the San Disk Cruzer Fit, 8GB, and leave it plugged in all the time. When I start the car the first song plays while its indexing and by the time the song is over the indexing is done. I like the small size and that it doesn't stick out in the way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem, sometime when I start the car it takes a minute or two to recognize the flash drive, sometimes when I start the car it goes to FM radio even though I was using the USB before I turned the engine off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts