GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a very simple and effective DIY for anyone noticing substandard windshield wiper performance. Personally, my Terrain has been OK for the most part, but I've started to notice a slight degradation in performance lately (mostly right in the middle of the driver side blade, right in the middle of the stroke).

My last car (07 Civic) actually suffered from bad wiper performance right from square one. I tried replacing the wiper blades several times, using different kinds of fluid, all with no success. it wasn't until it got really bad (i.e. safety issue) when i tried this.

1. Take some WD-40, and [lightly] spray the spring mechanism of the blade - the entire spring. Soak up any dripping WD40 with a cloth, and then repeat the whole process again.

I noticed IMMEDIATELY a huge change in the amount of force "pulling" the blade towards the windshield. I cleaned off the blades themselves (just a bit of Windex), and immediately gave the wipers a try. HUGE difference. And again, my Terrain wasn't too bad to begin with.

Well worth the 5 minutes!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hmmm, pretty interesting.

Personally, I would of used Fluid Film as it wont attract dirt near as bad and will last WAY longer. I will have to do this to both of my cars as my Golf is pretty bad in the rain especially the passenger side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts