GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really new at this posting stuff,,, i seem to have some problems getting the fixture out to change the right signal light that is burnt out,,, if anyone has a suggestion to help me out that would be great,,, i dont know how fast of a rely ill get with this but i have signed uo and will be looking through this blog !! thanks guys and hope to chat and mod together soon !!!
dj Val

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
dj Val said:
Im really new at this posting stuff,,, i seem to have some problems getting the fixture out to change the right signal light that is burnt out,,, if anyone has a suggestion to help me out that would be great,,, i dont know how fast of a rely ill get with this but i have signed uo and will be looking through this blog !! thanks guys and hope to chat and mod together soon !!!
dj Val
Try the Search. and check the pictures for scans from the Service Manual. I tried to remove a rear lamp assembly, and was unsuccessful also. When you figure it out, please post how you did it. THX

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I assume you have a GMC Terrain since you posted in here? If so then you shouldn't have a burned out tailight already unless you do nothing but night driving since you got it....you might want to have the dealer check it out. As far as changing the bulb...I can't really help you there. Sorry..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i do have a 2010 terrain
and yes unfortunalty the rear signal light is out,, and i tried to remove the housing fixture , their is two screws under a couple of covers when u open the hatch but when i undid them the fixtures moves loosley but i dont want to force it as theor is nothing to reall get a good hold of without causing damage ,, argg,,
i guess ill habe to go in and get them to change it,, what a piss off.. thanks anyways for your post ! )

·
Registered
59 Posts
After you remove the two screws, you can pull the fixture stright back toward the rear of the vehicle. When replacing the fixture, just make sure the rubber seal around the edges isn't folded under. I have had both of mine out to prep it for towing behind a motorhome and using the Terrains lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i figured that much ,, turn out i just needed to mucscle it a bit more .. but did get them out,, turns out now ,, looks like the bulb is still good but its something else i guess.. so i have to take it in and chweck it out ,... thanks again guys for ur replies !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts