GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten thier first oil change yet? If so, did the warning indicator come on at a certain oil %? When I got my recall done, the oil life was reset back to 100%. I am technically at 53% left with 4,000 miles driven. I want to make sure I get it done at the right time. Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
onyxslt1 said:
Has anyone gotten thier first oil change yet? If so, did the warning indicator come on at a certain oil %? When I got my recall done, the oil life was reset back to 100%. I am technically at 53% left with 4,000 miles driven. I want to make sure I get it done at the right time. Thanks
From the manual... page 10-2

When the "Change Engine Oil
Soon" message displays, service
is required for the vehicle as
soon as possible, within the next
1 000 km/600 miles.

My Saturn Vue starts to warn when 10 % is left of oil life.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just play safe and ask dealer if they changed the oil... If yes... follow the oil monitor. If not, play safe and change your oil at 7000 miles (estimated as you have 4000 miles and 53% oil life rest)

·
Registered
137 Posts
My first oil change was yesterday at 2700 miles. The oil and filter were very dirty. The OLM read 62%. I replaced with Pennzoil Ultra 5W30 and used the AC Delco OEM replacement filter. In other posts I had been complaining about noisy and/or ticking motor. After driving for awhile, maybe 15 miles, and shutting motor off several times and re-starting and listening to idle I will say that the noise level has gone down quite a bit, maybe 25% (IMHO). In the 50 years I have been driving and the few dozen vehicles I have owned almost always after changing oil motors "seem" to run better and quieter. Fact!
See you in about 6000 more miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts