GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 4 cylinder 2.4L Chevy Equinox 1LT. I have had my oil changed at about 5000 miles. I had to replace 1 tire due to running over a nail. Got the factory 17" nitro tire for a replacement. Drove up to Winston Salem, NC last night straight through with it in Eco mode and the cruise control on the entire time. Drove in the middle of the night and hit pretty much no traffic. Made it from Tampa, FL to Rock Hill, SC. 585 miles on a single tank. About 34-35 gallons per mile! About time I finally got the advertised mileage. I'm hoping I get even better on the way back. :thumb:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes I am finding ECO with Cruise Control seems to work best. I believe the Owner Manual even says when driving in ECO use Cruise as much as possible

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
this is what I like to hear!!
Meeting or exceeding the HWY MPG. :cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just went from Houston to the Pittsburgh area and back. It was just over 3k miles. We averaged 74 mph and got just over 26 mpg per the DIC. To be honest, I'm happy with that with that speed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A while back I was able to achieve 33.1 mpg (calculated the old fashioned way) on a 320 mile round trip. Of course I was by myself with no luggage and the temps were mid 80's-low 90's so the a/c wasn't working too hard. I never use eco mode btw, I find the rougher idle (because of the lower rpm) and faster upshifts aren't worth it for a small MPG gain.

edit- also this was with the cruise set to 73mph for most of the way. (interstate)

·
Registered
95 Posts
The hills in pittsburgh will kill your mpg. Driving in jersey i was achieving 31 mpg on 4cuyl awd. Aoon as i reached pa jeading home(pittsburgh) i couldnt get above 26. Got to pittsburgh area and seen it drop even more.d

·
Registered
176 Posts
About time that some are getting the EPA mileage rating. I've been discouraged that far too many are reporting 22-25 mpg with their Equinox. All the cars I have had in the last 25 years have always met or exceeded the EPS ratings. Obtaining those ratings involves easy driving techniques and cruise control on the highways and keeping to the speed limits. AS gas starts approaching $4-5 /gallon I don't want to send all my bucks to the oil companies and the tax man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts