GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We managed to get a few days off work and school and went skiing in Michigan.
Crystal Mountain Resort and Spa is around 5 hours each way from our home in Ontario.

http://www.crystalmountain.com/winter

We took the Terrain, a Grand Prix and Ford Fusion.
The Fusion has a ski rack, so we took 5 pairs of ski boots and poles.
We packed luggage for 2 adults, two teens and a toddler.

We managed to get everything neatly packed into the cargo area of the Terrain, then I remembered I could have moved the rear seats up 8", but as it stood, the cargo space was sufficient and allowed the rear seat passengers lots of leg room.

The kids watched DVD movies in the back seats (they used the remote to pause and chat) while Ma and I listened to a variety of tunes on XM, our iPOD, the HDD or FM radio.
I was surprised that the XM radio penetrated the Windsor -- Detroit Tunnel crossing practically all the way.
Usually, AM 800 is the only radio station that would penetrate the 40 or so feet of water, plus the inner and outer tubes of the tunnel.

The Navigation System took us to our destination with ease.
We brought some walkie talkies in case our cell phones didn't work so we could stay in touch on the highway.

The air temp was around 15 F in the morning, rising to a little below freezing during the day...excellent ski weather!
The Terrain was a joy to drive and nobody complained of being bored, stiff or uncomfortable going there or coming home!!
Major plus!!!
8) :) 8)

Here's a few pictures of the resort from the top level of the condo we rented (the Terrain is farthest to the right), the middle level on the slope we used the most and the kids being kids and taking an air mattress down for some fun!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Getting jealous. Have a few trips planned but not until June. I am busy with work from Feb-May.

June we have about a 4 hr drive each way to Lancaster,PA and surrounding area.

July we might hit Saratoga. Another 4 hr trek.

August our annual trip to Mystic,CT and donation at Mohegan Sun. Another 3+ hr trip

September we head out east on Long Island for a day trip.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We're thinking a nice 4 hour or so drive up to the Florida panhandle in early March. Will get about half interstate, some nice country roads, and a few city--make that small town--passages. Now if my car actually gets here early next week!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention, probably 4 out of the 5 hours each way was spent on the interstate or 2 to 4-lane State highways.
Also, the Terrain found it's way up and down the mountain with ease.
The Sis-in-law was having a go of it in her stick shift Grand Prix so her son had to take over as the road leading to the chalet was snow covered and somewhat icy in parts.
On the interstate, the Terrain was very quiet and aerodynamic, dipping in and out of curves with minimal body sway.
The aerodynamics became quite apparent today when I got out and noticed the dirt and water patterns on the hood and sides.
So far, in our opinion, GM has hit a home run with the Equinox/Terrain.
Surely there'll be little bugs here and there, but right out of the gate the Terrain has hit the road full stride with nary a hiccup, knock on wood!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts