After my post on February 4th, our Terrain sat in the shop until the 23rd. This was quite inconvenient as I was due to leave for school on the 21st, and had to borrow a vehicle for at week and a half (I was doing distance modules, and just had labs and exams to do). I couldn't really use the courtesy car because we had no idea when they were going to be done fixing the Terrain, and making a 6 hour round trip to return the car just wasn't in the cards. As it was my fiancee wasn't impressed with driving a base G6 for a month.
Anyways, the problem breakdown:
There was a leak in a line (undetermined), and all the fluid had bled out while the vehicle was parked for the day. The dealership ordered a new pump, new line set, and new fluid (apparently they don't carry GM spec ATF?). The parts arrived the week of the 15th, but they forgot to order one of the lines. Turns out they didn't forget, it just didn't ship with the rest. This part arrived on the 20th. We thought, "Sweet, just in time." I guess they had higher priorities, because even though it had sat there for most of the month, and they knew I needed it on Sunday, it didn't get worked on until Monday.
Which is just as well I guess, because the new pump had a broken valve of some sort, and they couldn't get the air out of the system. They swapped the reservoir from the previous pump, and we got the vehicle back on the 23rd.
While the Terrain was in the shop, they also fixed the Evaporative Emissions Recall:
They replaced a hose, and reprogrammed the PCM and TCM. That is all I know.
Now, 2 weeks after the fact, my fiancee noticed that the power steering had started to whine a little louder than usual. I checked the fluid, and it was right on the minimum mark. The dealership tech checked it, and basically told my fiancee that I'm an idiot and don't know how to check the power steering level. mhmmm, not exactly rocket science. In any case, they topped it up, and we will keep an eye on it and see what happens.