GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Id rather eat grits than deal with any more snow.... and grits are nasty.

We got another dump of the white stuff on the weekend. Enough that the police closed the main freeway through the city. Im 40 and have lived here pretty much all my life and have never seen that happen!

Ps.. the hanooks still suck in the snow.

Reactions: larrywal

·
Registered
958 Posts
Id rather eat grits than deal with any more snow.... and grits are nasty.

We got another dump of the white stuff on the weekend. Enough that the police closed the main freeway through the city. Im 40 and have lived here pretty much all my life and have never seen that happen!

Ps.. the hanooks still suck in the snow.
Police knew you were still driving the Hankooks and wanted to keep you safe!!! :wink:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I keep telling myself that winter is almost over. Our local groundhog predicted an early spring so I'm holding that rodent to task!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can imagine your tired of winter in Calgary, Alberta ! Hopefully the groundhog is right. I am in the Dallas TX area and it has been at least 20 years since we have seen this long of a stretch of cold weather. So we are all getting a good taste of winter. Let it be gone .....

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
In case anyone is still reading this thread. . .

The Hankook tires are fine in dry and ok even in rainy weather.

In Snow. . . Hankook tires have been notoriously BAD and a hazard to drive, yet GM still seems oblivious to anyone owning a car with Hankooks on it.

These tires are used on more than one GM vehicle.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today we received our first real "Snow Event" and artic temps so I had a chance to drive the new vehicle in the snow and winter conditions. My drive involves a couple blocks of residential and then ~12KM of mixed feeder roads, freeway and downtown core grid roads..

The Good:
  • the heated steering wheel is awesome
  • the heated seats are awesome
  • the "max vent" feature is great when entering my downtown underground parkade to quickly clear the windshield as it fogs
  • The handling is good, the grip is acceptable
  • the antilock system is smooth
  • the AWD functions well

The Bad:
  • Stock tires feel really slick. I've always only ever run all seasons, but it feels like this vehicle could really use winters
  • I had found since I bought the vehicle that the turbo gives a bit of torque steer, while one shouldn't be pushing the throttle on snow/ice hard there were a couple spots I needs a bit of gas to get moving and it was more noticeable as you slip a bit. I'm glad I had the 1.5, I feel this would be exaggerated in the 2.0.
  • AWD has to be manually selected and is in a bit of an obscure spot. I've been in FWD since I bought the vehicle and I had to make a mental note to push the AWD button. The light is small and you have to look close to ensure it is engaged. I would have preferred something on the console with verification in the DIC.

The Ugly:
- She is all dirty now :(
I used mine in the snow here in Minnesota. It went through fine, but slid too much turning corners. Even at slower speeds. Not fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today we received our first real "Snow Event" and artic temps so I had a chance to drive the new vehicle in the snow and winter conditions. My drive involves a couple blocks of residential and then ~12KM of mixed feeder roads, freeway and downtown core grid roads..

The Good:
  • the heated steering wheel is awesome
  • the heated seats are awesome
  • the "max vent" feature is great when entering my downtown underground parkade to quickly clear the windshield as it fogs
  • The handling is good, the grip is acceptable
  • the antilock system is smooth
  • the AWD functions well

The Bad:
  • Stock tires feel really slick. I've always only ever run all seasons, but it feels like this vehicle could really use winters
  • I had found since I bought the vehicle that the turbo gives a bit of torque steer, while one shouldn't be pushing the throttle on snow/ice hard there were a couple spots I needs a bit of gas to get moving and it was more noticeable as you slip a bit. I'm glad I had the 1.5, I feel this would be exaggerated in the 2.0.
  • AWD has to be manually selected and is in a bit of an obscure spot. I've been in FWD since I bought the vehicle and I had to make a mental note to push the AWD button. The light is small and you have to look close to ensure it is engaged. I would have preferred something on the console with verification in the DIC.

The Ugly:
- She is all dirty now :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vehicles with front-wheel drive typically have better traction in snow and ice than rear-wheel drive vehicles. In front-wheel drive vehicles, the front of the car carries more weight than the back, making it easier to maintain traction and keep your vehicle moving in the desired direction. vidmate app save insta video

81 - 88 of 88 Posts