GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. We got 6+ inches of snow and wind last night and it's the first time for my AWD test. The drive out of work hadn't been plowed yet and neither were the streets.

Needless to say if I didn't have AWD I would've been stuck. Got around great.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. We got 6+ inches of snow and wind last night and it's the first time for my AWD test. The drive out of work hadn't been plowed yet and neither were the streets.

Needless to say if I didn't have AWD I would've been stuck. Got around great.

Thank you...good to know.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One thing I loved about the automatic 4 wheel drive I had in my 2011 Honda CRV was it was seamless and when the front wheels slipped it engaged and stayed as long as needed....never felt it engage but was sure there when needed.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
I think if you have the AWD button engaged, it will only operate when needed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think if you have the AWD button engaged, it will only operate when needed.
On my 14 there is no button. Sometimes wish it did for that couple or less mpg I might get with it off.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
I hope you would get a couple MORE mpg with AWD off. !

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just playing around with the AWD in my 19 I’d say it’s a good mix between a traditional AWD and a true 4 wheel drive. With the button pushed there is practically no slip front to back. There is also a noticeable fuel economy hit. I have overheated it a few times off road or trying to pull a truck out of the weeds so watch out for that. It also does a very good job of braking the spinning wheel.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just playing around with the AWD in my 19 I’d say it’s a good mix between a traditional AWD and a true 4 wheel drive. With the button pushed there is practically no slip front to back. There is also a noticeable fuel economy hit. I have overheated it a few times off road or trying to pull a truck out of the weeds so watch out for that. It also does a very good job of braking the spinning wheel.
Wonder if it works the same as the 14 with no option to turn it off.

2014 Terrain SLE-2 /Silver Sky Metallic / 3.6 L V6 / AWD / Pioneer Stereo / 85,000 miles as of January 2020

1 - 13 of 13 Posts