GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just bought my 2011 SLT-2 Terrain the other day and came across this forum in my searches for HID kit and other aftermarket items.
I have found plenty of info and products for the H11 kit - but is it me or is everyone else finding it hard to find aftermarket headlight and taillight assemblies. Such as clear corners or euro's. Actually I haven't been able to find one - for either :banghead:.
Even on ebay there is only a couple OEM headlights. Other things seem to be pretty scarce as well.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No? Nothing?...is it that the Terrain is so new, even browsing through all of CARiD and KBcarstuff just to see what was there, about the only things I found were floor/cargo mats/liner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2011 Equinox and the same goes for this one. I have a close friend in the aftermarket business and he says that it is still too soon for some of the release of the parts to the market. He keeps reminding me to be patient.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
There may be a limited audience for clear corners, euro taillights, etc. for the Theta Platform, and they may never be released. More of a Civic-owner type thing - like Type R badges !

·
Registered
978 Posts
RIT333 said:
There may be a limited audience for clear corners, euro taillights, etc. for the Theta Platform, and they may never be released. More of a Civic-owner type thing - like Type R badges !
Agreed...plus the Theta platform won't gather the market share to justify a variety of aftermarket parts and accessories...there will be some but not a lot...IMHO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that's what I figured, I just listed those parts in general because I know they are somewhat common cosmetic mods/changes. Though I would like to change the tail lights somehow, they seem very - i don't know the word, but...minivan like. Maybe some chrome trim around it or something.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
khaos64 said:
Yea that's what I figured, I just listed those parts in general because I know they are somewhat common cosmetic mods/changes. Though I would like to change the tail lights somehow, they seem very - i don't know the word, but...minivan like. Maybe some chrome trim around it or something.
That is available on E-Bay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2008 Torrent and have been searching in vain for ANY kind of aftermarket parts--aesthetic & performance-related--and I can tell you it's not because your vehicle is too new. Sadly, it seems evident that this platform is very unpopular with even the bigger-name aftermarket companies. Go to any major computer chip site, exhaust manufacturer site, cold air intake manufacturer site, even things as common as a bug deflector site...and you'll often find no listing whatsoever for a mid- to late-2000's Equinox or Torrent. I'd imagine the same thing goes for the Terrain, as it's based on the same platform.

One could conclude that those aftermarket companies don't see much profitability in this market segment, for whatever reason...it's frustrating as hell, it seems I've been doing this the past 3 weeks: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I work in the aftermaket and I deal with most major MFG's.

The fact is the Nox and Terrrain are not the kind of vehicles that get much of a custom treatment. They sell a hell of a lot of them but the custom market is very small for them and few companies will invest in products with a limited profit to them.

You may find things to adapt from other GMC and Chevys out there but for the most you will be limited to things like floor liners billet grille emblems and window guards. They can move a lot of these items but the lens covers and other items will be scare. The new platform has been out long enough now that if they were going to make it it would be here.

You might see a cold air intake for the V6 from KNN but that is about it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hyperv6 said:
You might see a cold air intake for the V6 from KNN but that is about it.
Nope, there's not even that. K & N only makes the drop-in filter for the 3.6L. There *is* one Hong Kong-based eBay seller making a CAI kit for the Torrent & Equinox 3.6, but it's just a rudimentary 3" 45-degree elbow pipe with a silicone 3" connector, clamps and filter. I'm actually working on my own custom intake idea that will replace the 90-degree elbow pipe on the throttle body, mates up to the MAF sensor section, then has another pipe taking a cone filter down in the area where the airbox would be (that will be removed, of course). The only thing I'm concerned about is the little sensor that plugs into the 90-degree elbow pipe on the throttle body...I was thinking of just drilling a hole, inserting the right-sized grommet and re-plugging the sensor into the top of the new 90-degree elbow. I'm not sure how that will work, yet... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts