GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to installing the lowering kit that @BandDirector sold me. The kit included the original lowering springs that were run a few years back, new equinox sport shocks / struts, new bump stops, and adjustable cam nuts for the rear. Kit went on without issue and the adjustable cam nuts were needed for the rear and once those were put on the rear aligned within factory spec. Rides real nice over bumps and isnt too low that driving is an issue that ive found. Overall very pleased. Pictures and measurements were taken right after the vehicle came off the lift, it seems to have settled a little more since then visually. Alignment sheet and measurement sheet ( ground to bottom of fender ) included at the bottom. Plan to take better pictures next weekend in some abandoned industrial locations.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lessen wheel gap. Mission accomplished.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20" camaro 5th gen factory wheels

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. The rear wheel gap from factory looks horrid. I dont even know if my truck had that much wheel gap from the factory lol.

Do it!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Now that it's settled a bit more I'm sure, curious what the final numbers are and definitely need more pics! 👍

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill see if I can remember to get that for you tomorrow. I think this week I might head over to some industrial abandonment and snap some pics. Been crazy here with Barrett Jackson. Managed to get my hids and led fogs in. Footwell lights this week. Maybe ill see if I can snap some pics with the first steel body factory five 33 coupe we are building :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats awesome! Unfortunately this specific set up was made and sold years ago and finding one is like a diamond in the rough. I got lucky.

However, people on here use this setup which will lower more than mine, but is readily available:

2007 Saturn vue redline struts will work for the front along with megan racing springs for the same year and vehicle.

Specialty Products 87420 rear alignment kit to keep the rear alignment in spec, it will not come in without these

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi....Terrain looks great....we bought the black version of the wheels.....cant seem to find a lowering kit for our terrain....any ideas? Cheers

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I love the way it looks I just got a 2012 Terrain sle and I want to drop it look just like yours can you give me a list and price for what I need please [email protected] that's my email
He actually bought the kit from me...here’s my thread from where I assembled the kit. See reply #9 for the shock part numbers, but finding the springs will be the real challenge...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts