GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Equinox last night acted up.
Here are my steps.
I locked the door and turned the Equinox on using the remote start.
I got in the vehicle 2 minutes later and I inserted the key into the ignition to enable the vehicle.
The vehicle ran it's system check and while it was doing that it was chiming the BING BING sound.
I thought that my seatbelt was not locked in, so I rebuckled. Still chiming.
I opened the door and slammed it shut and it still chimed.
So now I am thinking if the rear hatch is still open. Opened and closed it, and the vehicle is still chiming.
So now I thought it has to be the emergency break that it did not release properly. So I applied the break and released it again and it still chimed.
I parked the vehicle and turned it off. Took the key out of the ignition and locked my selves in the vehicle. I did the remote start again waited 30 seconds (NO CHIMING GOING ON) and inseted the key into the ignition to enable the vehicle. Everything worked, and I drove away.
So what caused the constant chiming?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I posted nearly this exact same thing earlier this week. Someone suggested that perhaps it was the seat belt chime for the passenger seat. As I had placed several items on the pass. seat when I entered the vehicle (had remote started, same as you), that seems very possibly the case. Since I have been unable to duplicate this myself, I am currently going with the assumtion that that is all it was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts