GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some left side fender hash stripes on my 2019 Equinox Redline. Now it will be easier to identify mine in a lot full of similar vehicles. I tried to emulate the hash stripes on the wheels in dimension and color.

Reactions: Brokn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Redline front fender hash stripes

These are too sweet and would look amazing on my black 2010 Equinox Redline. Where did you get them and are they a long lasting colorway vinyl? Can you buy both left and right sides?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are too sweet and would look amazing on my black 2010 Equinox Redline. Where did you get them and are they a long lasting colorway vinyl? Can you buy both left and right sides?
Replied to your PM

The stripe is something I made from vinyl stock purchased online from Amazon; vendor, 1060 Graphics. I bought a roll of red, and a roll of black, 3"wide and 60" long.
From that I cut three separate pieces, using a cutting board and a razor knife. One piece is 3", one 3/4" and one is 1" wide.
My plan was to emulate the stripes on the wheels in color, dimension, and angle.
There is also a 1/8" black vinyl pinstripe around the perimeter to accent the stripe.
I laid out the position and angle with painter's masking tape.
The vinyl parts were applied wet, one at a time, butted up to each other, and water squeegeed out and into position.
The pinstripe is applied dry, as it is easier to manage.
Hope that helps if you are thinking of something similar.
Now when I go out into a parking lot with dozens of other silver vehicles, I won't have to wonder which is mine.

Reactions: Brokn

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, I'll admit when I saw the thread title I thought oh great, let's see how this guy f****d up his Equinox, but that looks great on the Redline. Very nicely done, and nice attention to detail on the widths.

19Redline, only do one side.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, I'll admit when I saw the thread title I thought oh great, let's see how this guy f****d up his Equinox, but that looks great on the Redline. Very nicely done, and nice attention to detail on the widths.

19Redline, only do one side.
Thank you! And yes, it's only on the left side. The stripe widths, colors and angles are duplicated on the fender stripe.

The Corvette Grand Sport was the inspiration for doing this, and the object was to personalize mine from the other silver Equinox's out there.

I noticed that the hash stripes are an accessory option on the new Malibu's.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks nice.

Reminds me of the Corvette Grand Sport stripe.
Thank you Lee F

That's exactly where the inspiration to do this came from.

The origin of the fender hash stripes was in racing; they were used to identify one team car from another on the race track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts