GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have an issue with my 2019 Nox in that the favorites get greyed out about once per month. I have had it at the dealership 3 times and they have updated software and said everything is working fine. I initially get a "SD card Removed" message and within 2 days the favorites get greyed out. When i go into settings and review the favorites they are there but I just can't access them. Anyone else have this issue and if so what was the fix?

I am getting tired of bringing it in. I suspect now that the issue is beyond the local tech's capability or it is hardware related.

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had this problem before. After numerous visits to dealer, he determined it was SD card. Never used SD card again and problems never returned.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Guys,

I am getting tired of bringing it in. I suspect now that the issue is beyond the local tech's capability or it is hardware related.

Regards,

Jim
When that happens to me I just hang up and drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tharvey57,

I thought the SD card was the database if the nav system only. Do you mean USB where auxiliary songs can be stored?

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
125 Posts
I thought the SD card was the database if the nav system only.
That was my understanding as well, at least for my '18 Terrain Denali. I believe that the '18 Nox and '18 Terrain had different infotainment systems, but both ended up using the same (ie. Terrain) software in some later model year. But I don't remember when they merged.

I also believe that the infotainment system is a Unix-based OS. I wonder if anyone has tried to read the SD card on a Unix-based system to see what's really on there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts