GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

What is your favourite Windshield washer Fluid?

• GM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rain-X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the stuff they sell at the GM parts department. It is non smearing and you need less to get the job done.
I have tried Rain-X but find it smears for a few milliseconds as it wipes.
Some GM dealers will sell fluid in bulk and refill your container at a reduced price in my area.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lots and lots of years ago Gm used to sell a washer product that was called Clear smear or something similar. It was excellent but Im not sure, it may be the same stuff you are mentioning.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've not been happy with Rainx products in general. I also prefer a washer fluid that is blue, which maybe rainx has one now, but their old yellow or orange stuff just looked funny coming out of the jets. I guess I'll try the GM stuff.

One exception...I do like the rainx deicer formula in the winter time.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What's the capacity of the windshield fluid tank?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Why the hell did I ask that stupid question?
I buy whatever is on sale. Then I will buy 2 cases. I had so much in stock that when I needed to buy more a couple months ago, I had got shock........$1.29 a gallon......rediculous. I'll wait for a sale.

·
Registered
698 Posts
GARYD said:
What's the capacity of the windshield fluid tank?
This is my question as well. Truth be told, I have not had my reservoir run dry, which is to say it hasn't been filled, since I took possession of my Terrain last December 5. I have just over 10,200 kms (6,340 miles) on it at this point. Amazing!

·
Registered
45 Posts
what ever the dealer uses when they service it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Will the next poll be which brand of distilled water do you prefer in your battery? ::)

·
Registered
207 Posts
RSchleder said:
Will the next poll be which brand of distilled water do you prefer in your battery? ::)
We have water in the battery??? I do seem to remember putting water in a car battery, but that was 20 years ago.

As far as washer fluid goes I just buy what ever is on sale.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Z_Ghost said:
We have water in the battery??? I do seem to remember putting water in a car battery, but that was 20 years ago.

As far as washer fluid goes I just buy what ever is on sale.
unless you have a deep cycle, yes you have water in it.....whether or not its serviceable is a whole different story

·
Registered
207 Posts
gar187er said:
unless you have a deep cycle, yes you have water in it.....whether or not its serviceable is a whole different story
;D
Yes I know, I can remember whey you purchased a new battery and had add the acid and water to it when you got home.
Last 3 batteries I have purchased have all been gel cells, they take the abuse I give them so much better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
mswerb said:
I use Prestone's Bug removing fluid in the summer and De-Icer in the winter.
Same here, but what do you use for necrotic threads?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I also use the Prestone de-icer fluid here in Alaska, Bug Wash in the summer. planning on modding up a way to heat the fluid, one idea was nothing much more than an aquarium heater placed into the reservoir, its on a compact inverter, all is switch through a relay so when its plugged in it by passes the inverter but driving i have the option to turn it on during sub zero temps.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How about one of those battery heating pads? I've seen them in various magazines and catalogs. Not sure how they hook up. Either to the cars electrical system with an on/off switch or an AC plug.
Or how about one of those in car coffee warmers??? I see those everywhere. The wiring will be up to you.

I use the absolute cheapest brand I can find. Usually arount 99 cents, but it's getting harder to find. When I do, I buy about 10 gallons. ;D

I do not carry an extra gallon in the car.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
GARYD said:
How about one of those battery heating pads? I've seen them in various magazines and catalogs. Not sure how they hook up. Either to the cars electrical system with an on/off switch or an AC plug.
Or how about one of those in car coffee warmers??? I see those everywhere. The wiring will be up to you.

I use the absolute cheapest brand I can find. Usually arount 99 cents, but it's getting harder to find. When I do, I buy about 10 gallons. ;D

I do not carry an extra gallon in the car.
While I haven't researched this product, i would doubt if it would be powered by the battery. To me, that would not make much sense - using a battery's power to give the battery more power - seems like a Catch-22 situation ! But, I could be wrong !

·
Registered
478 Posts
GARYD said:
Why the hell did I ask that stupid question?
I buy whatever is on sale. Then I will buy 2 cases. I had so much in stock that when I needed to buy more a couple months ago, I had got shock........$1.29 a gallon......rediculous. I'll wait for a sale.
I just found a real deal on -45C washer fluid at $3.99 per four liter jug.

·
Registered
478 Posts
gar187er said:
Deep cycle or not. Motor vehicles are factory equipped with flooded cell batteries using liquid electrolyte. There are some replacement AGM batteries that use "paste" semi solid electrolyte but it's held in an absorbed glass mat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts