GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my 11 nox for a Mazda 3 hatchback...was very unhappy with the mpg I was getting with my 90% highway driving...so I got something better!

Y'all have fun

·
Registered
241 Posts
andyacer03 said:
Just traded my 11 nox for a Mazda 3 hatchback...was very unhappy with the mpg I was getting with my 90% highway driving...so I got something better!

Y'all have fun
You'll love the Mazada 3; fun car to drive. :cheers:

·
Registered
673 Posts
How can you compare a Mazda3 to a SUV... regarding gas mileage?

Good luck on your future endeavors. I looked at the CX7 before settling on the Terrain.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
andyacer03 said:

Y'all have fun
Cheers, :cheers:
and Happy Motoring where ever you may end up.[/color]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never compared them...but I needed better gas mileage than I was getting...so I ditched the nox...I averaged 22-23 all highway driving at average speed of 70 5 days a week for roughly 30 miles each way...terrible mileage if you ask me...for something that was rated way higher...

·
Registered
38 Posts
LOL - I just traded my '07 Mazda3 hatchback 5spd manual for a '12 Terrain SLT i4. The Mazda was fun to drive. However, I got tired of having my knees level with my chest and being extremely uncomfortable on frequent 4 hour drives. My avg MPG on the 3 was around 28 or 29. I fully expect slightly lower on the Terrain, but reading through the forums, some folks report better. Good luck with your new zoom zoom!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guess it's all in what your looking for.

Me, I wish I was eating better mileage, but I'm not prepared to downgrade to a Mazda 3 to do so. I like the comfort and roominess of my Terrain, and I can live (barely) with the fuel economy.

Good luck with your new vehicle ;D

·
Registered
92 Posts
If your only concern is MPG, the you should have gotten a smart car or a motor cycle, much better MPG than the Equinox. A Mazda3 is a real come down, hope you don't regret it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
LUCKY!!!!!!! I only have 18 months left of warranty and I will be done with GM also. Learned my lesson with the way they treat their customers and cover up serious problems with their products. Enjoy the Mazda :cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mazda 3. Lol. Wooow. Getting a peppy jap car. Downgrade. I test drove a Mazda and that light thing was so loud on the highway and Interior was cheap. You should of bought a Honda civic hybrid or just a regular civic. I got well over 30 MPG and the interior was very nicely done. Probably nicest in its class. But my terrain is so smooth and if you cut it down 5 mph to 65 mph your gas mileage would of improved. But the deed is done. Enjoy your 3! Wear headphones or invest in a good sound system cause road noise is RIDICULOUS!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Well for ever one lost here there seems to be 20 coming in. I am amazed how many new people have joined in the last few weeks.

Now if anyone wants MPG never buy anykind of a SUV. GM has done well but the **** thing weighs 4000 pounds.

As for dealing with problems GM is better than most now. All companies have issues. I can tell you some real horror stories on most makes. The key in most cases is the dealer you work with. I have a Chevy and GMC dealer that have been nothing but over the top in my treatment and dealing with my cars.

I dumpd a past GMC dealer due to poor work and lies. Life is too short to use poor dealers. Fill out the surveys and let GM know as they really use these and it helps give them what they need to reward the good and help weed out the poor dealers.

·
Registered
949 Posts
In all honestly - the mileage of the 2011 4cyl is noticeably lower than the 2012 4 cyl. I drove the 2011 for 20k miles, and now have the 2012. (GM-assisted trade to avoid a lemon lawyer)

My mileage on the '12 nox is noticeably higher than the '11 was. I think the '11s just had problems in general - however, mine DID have the stalling and start-up noise problems.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I agree with HyperV6, from the midsize SUV market to the Surburban/Expidition size mpg shouldn't be a deciding factor in buying this size car. I know that the EPA numbers look good on paper but for fo as lond as I can remember they are not real life numbers.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
interesting switch....
Couple things here..

Hope you get used to the bumpy loud ride- from road noise to engine noise.

My sisters hubby has a Mazda3. when I ride with him-- wow-- bumpy. Noisy.
When they take 300 mile trips-- they either take her 2008 Buick Lucerne or 2011 Silverado- Quieter- Smoother.
The Mazda is just too much discomfort on long trips.
His engine mount also broke at 40K .
At 45,000 we were riding around with my laptop hooked up to his OBD port... we were trying to figure out if his thermostat was bad..
Graphing the data from engine temp- engine RPM's and vehicle speed- we determined that it was staying open and overcooling under certain loads.

If youd slowed down 5 to 10 MPH- you could have increased MPG alot more... though I dont know if your route would allow slower speeds.
Ive made enough trips- and have a logbook of fuel consumption that I know these numbers to be accurate.
At 75 MPH-- my 2010 Traverse can hit 25 MPG. 1 passenger (DIC, hand Calculated, and Laptop hooked up to OBD port verified)
At 65 MPH-- my 2010 Traverse can hit 26-28 MPG. 6 passengers
at 55 MPH-- my 2010 Traverse can hit 31 MPG. 3 passengers.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Why are people so mean? The person decided to trade in their car for a Mazda, and after the fact, people are telling them that they will be sorry. They have already made the decision, so they have to live with it. It is too late to turn around. Why run their face in, what you believe, to be a bad decision?

Shame on all of you.

>:D

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Here's my thoughts on this gas mileage stuff... Gas gets you around you need it so don't worry about it... Why do we not complain when we go to the bar and purchase 12 oz of beer for $3.50 and not complain about it. Or for those that do not drink you run your kids thru mickey dee's and buy those sodas for around 2 bucks thats almost all water.. Just my 2cents=1 drop of gas

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Here's my thoughts on this gas mileage stuff... Gas gets you around you need it so don't worry about it... Why do we not complain when we go to the bar and purchase 12 oz of beer for $3.50 and not complain about it. Or for those that do not drink you run your kids thru mickey dee's and buy those sodas for around 2 bucks thats almost all water.. Just my 2cents=1 drop of gas
I once read an article that pointed out that gasoline is about the only item in the US that people know, and follow the price of it every day ! We are constantly being bombarded with the prices from every gas station that you pass by. And when it goes up by 2 cents, people get p-o'ed. Yet, we are constantly using electricity, and natural gas (some of us), and most people have no clue how much of it they are using at any instant, nor what a kilowatt-hour of electricity costs, nor how much it is - and same for Natural Gas. And, the price can fluctuate, or so can their usage, but they accept it - for the most part.

Strange how human behavior operates. "We" will spend an extra $5K-$10K to get a more economical car, and it may only save you a few hundred dollars a year - but yet, they feel like they have "stuck it to the man".

:soapbox:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RIT333 said:
I once read an article that pointed out that gasoline is about the only item in the US that people know, and follow the price of it every day ! We are constantly being bombarded with the prices from every gas station that you pass by. And when it goes up by 2 cents, people get p-o'ed. Yet, we are constantly using electricity, and natural gas (some of us), and most people have no clue how much of it they are using at any instant, nor what a kilowatt-hour of electricity costs, nor how much it is - and same for Natural Gas. And, the price can fluctuate, or so can their usage, but they accept it - for the most part.

Strange how human behavior operates. "We" will spend an extra $5K-$10K to get a more economical car, and it may only save you a few hundred dollars a year - but yet, they feel like they have "stuck it to the man".

:soapbox:
That was one of my thoughts also The guy traded off his vehicle for another one how big of a hit did he take on the trade? plus more sales tax on newer vehicle. might have been able to buy alot of gas with that hit. To each their own..

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
RIT333 said:
Why are people so mean? The person decided to trade in their car for a Mazda, and after the fact, people are telling them that they will be sorry. They have already made the decision, so they have to live with it. It is too late to turn around. Why run their face in, what you believe, to be a bad decision?

Shame on all of you.

>:D
Why is it when someone leave sells off a vehicle they are unhappy with too often visit web sites to toss it back in everyones face they are selling their car and are happy about it. It is like going to someones house and telling them I am leaving becasue your party sucks. Better to just leave quietly.

The best way to leave these things if you are unhappy is just stop posting here and go to the Mazda web site.

When someone tosses it back they should know people will defend the car they are happy with and are getting good service out of. You get what you give in life.

If you think this is mean you ain't seen mean.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
That was one of my thoughts also The guy traded off his vehicle for another one how big of a hit did he take on the trade? plus more sales tax on newer vehicle. might have been able to buy alot of gas with that hit. To each their own..
This was my though as selling a car so soon after buying it is going to cost a chunk of money that would have paid for a lot of gas. Now if the Mazda was a lot less to buy it may help but still this is not a good way to save money. But then again it is not my payment or my problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts