GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Factory Terrain wheels.

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  ricklack 
#1 · (Edited)
It's one of those dreaded "whats it worth" posts lol. Since I have changed rims I'm wanting to sell the factory rims but not sure what they're worth. Factory chrome 18x7 rims 5x120 lug pattern with good 235/55/R18 tires. Opinions?

#2 ·
It's one of those dreaded "whats it worth" posts lol. Since I have changed rims I'm wanting to sell the factory rims but not sure what they're worth. Factory chrome 18x7 rims 5x120 lug pattern with good 235/55/R18 tires. Opinions? View attachment 19515
You might want to check out eBay. In decent condition they are listed from anywhere between 149 and $320. The majority of them seem to sell for about 180 or so.

#4 ·
New they are $400 each from most OEM GM parts sites.

Used they go for about $220 each on ebay in like new condition.

If yours also still have the TPMS sensors in them, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask $800-$900 for the set. It's nice that they have tires on them, but I wouldn't account for that in the price. The wheel is what really brings the monetary value here.

If you are going to put them on Facebook marketplace or something like that, be prepared for some crazy offers 😁

I've been cleaning out the house lately, and things I thought had value have very little. People want something for nothing these days and seem insulted that you would even try to sell anything as opposed to just giving it away. I have just started taking things with usable life left in them to the local thrift stores.

These should also fit the 2010-2017 Equinox, so might be worth advertising that as well to expand your market of potential buyers.

#5 ·
I've been cleaning out the house lately, and things I thought had value have very little. People want something for nothing these days and seem insulted that you would even try to sell anything as opposed to just giving it away. I have just started taking things with usable life left in them to the local thrift stores.
I know that all to well.

Yea marketplace and maybe craigslist but craigslist is worse than marketplace anymore. Thanks for the input.

#6 ·
Check with your local Chev/GMC dealer's parts department.
They will usually buy them for the body shop repairs if the price is right, I sold a set that way.
Beats having to deal with shipping.

Reactions: Merlin
#7 ·
Just a thought, but if you live in a snow region, you might want to keep them as winter rims. I know they are really nice and would be a shame to use them that way, but it is unbelievable the cost of winter rims now. Costco of all places wanted 120 per steel rim and some were more. I dont think it unreasonable to sell for as high as you can if you dont need them as spares. Good Luck and i will be the first craiglister to offer 3 dollars a rim and 15 dollars of Canadian Tire money... LOL

#11 ·
Your asking price really comes down to how fast do you want to move them? I agree that the value is probably in the $200 per rim range...if you are willing to sit on them for a while until someone really needs a set of them. If you want to move them, you will most likely need to be closer to the $100 per rim range....or lower. All depends on how motivated you are to free up space and not spend a bunch of time with hagglers.

Me personally...I will not pay anywhere near $800 for a set of used rims that I have no guarantee that they are not tweaked in any way. But I am one of those cheap bastards on FB and CL looking for a deal....now, I'm not the guy asking if you will take $50 either.

#12 ·
Find someone with a black or other dark color Terrain/Equinox. I had these on my black 2013 Nox and they looked awesome. Roll one or two in front of their current wheels, have them stand back and admire and they will be sold! lol

#13 ·
For used stuff ... almost anything ... I usually figure "Half of half" (which is 75% off)

In other words ... let's say it's a refrigerator and I paid $1,000 for it. I've used it for some time (and that's where the gray area comes in ... how long (?) ... what's the overall condition) ... so I'll ask about $300, looking to get $250.

So ... using GM's crazy-high $400/each number (a price nobody sane would pay) ... you're talking $100/each. That's it.

#15 ·
@Merlin : clarification - that $100/each is just wheels. If the tires are newish (and it doesn’t appear they are), then there’s a 75% off allowance for those too. So let’s say they were $500 new … that’s another $125 total … so $600 sounds about right.

#17 ·
@Merlin : Might as well ask for specifics: what's the date code on the tires and how many miles on them? Walmart shows those Ironman RB SUV 18" tires brand new for $122. So 75% off is about $30/tire, but maybe more depending on condition.

TPMS Sensors also tied to tire age ... because battery life counts down continuously.

#18 ·
I don't know how many miles on them, they were on it when I bought it last year. The TPMS last longer than tires do, they aren't tied to tire age.

I have already had several offers but they haven't hit the number I would accept yet.

#23 ·
Not sure how helpful this will be ....... For my 2013 Nox I bought 4 used aftermarket aluminum wheels with TPMS sensors and Michelin X-Ice snows that were @ 70% tread left for $750 CAD (@ $600 USD) in 2016. At the time I felt that was a tremendous deal. In fact, I was first to reply and the guy had others offer him more than his advertised price. Lucky for me, the guy had scruples and sold them to me. I got 5 more winters out of those Michelin snows! I was averaging @ 25- 30k kilometers each winter and excellent traction- simply amazing and I put the same snows on my 2022.

My factory wheels were the chrome 18" similar to yours. Of course your wheels are worth more than the aftermarkets I bought, but this may give you some ideas - I agree with the post above that suggested $800-900 USD for the set, if your wheels are in very good shape. I had priced replacement Chrome wheels for my Nox years ago and they were over $600 CAD each. Things aren't getting cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.