GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i thought my Monte Carlo had an abysmal stock Jack. I stand corrected. The factory jack for the Terrain while it looks real pretty in the compartment back there can stay there. What a useless POS. Finally got around to installing the rear splash guards today, and thankfully i was just in the garage on a flat floor. I couldn't imagine trying to use that Jack in a real emergency situation on the side of a highway.

Utterly useless piece of garbage. Once i finished i went straight to Canadian Tire and bought a floor jack to use.

I had hoped that GMC might have come up with a better jack for these SUV's but it was lighter duty than the one i had in the Monte Carlo.

On the bright side the GMC Splash Guards look great :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yea. I agree. I had a flat tire about a month ago. On the highway. I just barely made it into a gas station though, flat ground.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
flat tire=onstar for roadside assistance
had blow out hit the blue button on my way in about 15 min. didnt get out of vehicle....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes if you have onstar. I have roadside assistance, i will definitely let them deal with flats if they happen especially if im not on level ground or out of the way where i dont mind spending 15 minutes to change a tire. I'm just expressing my disgust with the jack.

·
Registered
949 Posts
When you're on the highway, 30 minutes from a town in either direction, in 110 degree heat, I'd rather avoid the 2 hr wait for roadside assistance. lol. (That's exactly where I was for my flat tire)

In town, heck yea - I'd rather not get sweaty and break a nail.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think thats what the card is for lol. im pretty sure it was a 3 year roadside package.

·
Registered
949 Posts
oh really? 3 year roadside from Chevy? Hm, good to know. lol. I've got roadside assistance through my insurance as well. By golly, if I run out of gas sometime, there better be SOMEbody that's able to come save me. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts