GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend we were driving our 2010 Terrain down the turnpike and the pipe that connects to the muffler broke off and was dragging on the pavement. Just curious if anybody else has had this problem with their 2010 Terrain. I thought exhaust problems were gone with the 1980s. Did GM use stainless steel for their exhaust? 885 dollars later had the whole back replaced including the duel exhaust. Only have ninety eight thousand miles on the car and original owner of 1 of the first 100 built. Maybe that's the problem

2010 GMC Terrain <br />SLT-1 V6 AWD

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not a common problem seriously rare. Was this from rust issues? I have a 2010 equinox and let me tell you living by the ocean that muffler looks pretty bad but I would never be afraid of it coming off/ dragging. I had a muffler on a vehicle from 1991 that rusted all the way around until it was loose and I still had trouble pulling it off.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If in the salt zone all bets off on exhaust parts. 10 yrs is good in that zone.
Low mileage , short trips eats mufflers and pipes as they never ''dry'' out also. I've had many OEM exhaust systems go over 200k miles in my job vehicles but that's due to 150 miles a day daily drivers. Hot pipes are happy pipes.
Systems are better today as exhaust is part of a mandated emissions warranty which I think still goes to 80k miles.

Reactions: Crankme69
1 - 3 of 3 Posts