GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, the type of shoes you wear when driving can affect the Terrain's performance. I have one pair of shoes that seems to provide just the right feel on the accelerator when driving. These shoes require a specific amount of force or input to depress the accelerator a given amount. On the other hand, when wearing sneakers, however, a totally different feel is experienced. ;D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Care to share exactly what kind of magic driving shoes you have?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NoobNox said:
They are Nunn Bush with comfort gel.

·
Registered
978 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Believe it or not, the type of shoes you wear when driving can affect the Terrain's performance. I have one pair of shoes...
My wife does also...but I've always been afraid to talk about them in public...

NoobNox said:
not really...but when she clicks the heels together they take her to Kansas
(and she does NOT own a little dog named Toto)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The acceleration of a body is parallel and directly proportional to the force, and inversely proportional to it's mass.
Newton's 2nd law of physics would concur.

I'm just saying that ergonomically, the force applied to the accelerator by your foot feels quite a bit different if you were barefoot compared with wearing a pair of work boots.

It's obvious to me that you have to apply more force wearing work boots to achieve the same depression of the accelerator compared with going barefoot to overcome the mass of the work boot.

Once force is applied to the work boot, however, less force is needed to overcome the spring back force exerted by the accelerator on your foot increased mass compared to lighter footwear.

So the accelerator tends to remain in a fixed position more easily when wearing heavier shoes, but the force required to get it their is greater.

So speaking ergonomically, one would have to decide for himself which is the most comfortable footwear for driving as compared with walking, or running, or any other activity.

It makes sense to me to wear the appropriate footwear depending on the activity. Fpr example, golf, bowling, skating, sailing, running, hiking, driving, etc. Specific footwear are designed for certain purposes regarding safety, performance, style, and cost.

Have you ever tried the Nunn Bush?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MOCHANOX said:
My wife does also...but I've always been afraid to talk about them in public...

not really...but when she clicks the heels together they take her to Kansas
(and she does NOT own a little dog named Toto)
If I had a dog, I would name him or her Einstein. We are still working on that Black Hole theory, time travel and warp in space.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Isn't this the sort of thing that only Formula 1 drivers and such obsess about? Just sayin.. ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I've found that when I drive around naked and my bare feet are on the pedals I tend to drive slower than usual.. If there's a bee in the vehicle I'm really going slow..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does everybody do stand up? :thumb: Or is it improv? ;D

·
Registered
50 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
I've found that when I drive around naked and my bare feet are on the pedals I tend to drive slower than usual.. If there's a bee in the vehicle I'm really going slow..
Good idea! Less chance of getting pulled over and having to explain the naked part.....

·
Registered
978 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Does everybody do stand up? :thumb: Or is it improv? ;D
Nah...and most of the smart ones keep their day job :cheers:

·
Registered
698 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Does everyone try to be an intellect,and express opinions that most don't care about?
So much chrome in the world today... It's finally starting to get to their brains me thinks....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MOCHANOX said:
Nah...and most of the smart ones keep their day job :cheers:
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Careful how you smack those beer mugs together if your wearing gloves it might effect the pressure on the glass and beer may spill then again if your wering mittens or no gloves at all
So many possibilities sort of like having the right shoes on....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fourmoremarine said:
Careful how you smack those beer mugs together if your wearing gloves it might effect the pressure on the glass and beer may spill then again if your wering mittens or no gloves at all
So many possibilities sort of like having the right shoes on....
The point with beer mugs is that once a body is in motion, it tends to remain in motion. Unless of course it is acted upon by an outside force. Another point regarding beer mugs is that when they are at rest, they tend to remain at rest.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
The point with beer mugs is that once a body is in motion, it tends to remain in motion. Unless of course it is acted upon by an outside force. Another point regarding beer mugs is that when they are at rest, they tend to remain at rest.
Then a mouth in motion won't shut up till there is an outside force???

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
I'll drink to that ! Or just about anything, for that matter !

·
Registered
978 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Another point regarding beer mugs is that when they are at rest, they tend to remain at rest.
This often observed phenom occurs mostly when they are empty... :beer:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Terrain said:
So much chrome in the world today... It's finally starting to get to their brains me thinks....
Maybe it's the expensive NAV systems that are warping their minds.. I wouldn't know I didn't buy one to impress the neighbors..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts