GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a lot of people are interested in installing an aftermarket set of components without the want for an aftermarket amplifier.

I have the capability to manufacture a speaker adapter harness for this exact situation which would eliminate the need to cut/splice into factory wiring and would also retain all ANC functions.

I'm just getting a feel here to see if there's a demand for this.I would love to have some feedback from folks here so if you could,please comment.Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of people are interested in installing an aftermarket set of components without the want for an aftermarket amplifier.

I have the capability to manufacture a speaker adapter harness for this exact situation which would eliminate the need to cut/splice into factory wiring and would also retain all ANC functions.

I'm just getting a feel here to see if there's a demand for this.I would love to have some feedback from folks here so if you could,please comment.Thanks!

I might be interested. Could you describe how this can be hooked up?

Also, can this be a wiring option?

Instead of cutting and splicing wires out of the factory amp, can I do this? :

door wiring...to crossover supplied with speakers to the crossover in. Then from the crossover to the woofer.

Dont run anything to the tweeter part of the crossover.

replace stock tweeters with supplied tweeters and run those on factory wiring?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I might be interested. Could you describe how this can be hooked up?

Also, can this be a wiring option?

Instead of cutting and splicing wires out of the factory amp, can I do this? :

door wiring...to crossover supplied with speakers to the crossover in. Then from the crossover to the woofer.

Dont run anything to the tweeter part of the crossover.

replace stock tweeters with supplied tweeters and run those on factory wiring?
Your wiring idea is risky because whichever component set you buy is going to have a passive Xover box that sends a very specific set of frequencies to the tweeters.Frequencies that the manufacturer designed them to play specifically.You're trying to use the factory Xover,which I think is just some sort of generic resistor.

Here's how my kit would work.It would be two plugs with wires running between them.It would plug between the factory speaker out harness and the amplifier.There will be loose wires in the new harness that would go to the "in" and "woofer out" of your new Xover boxes.Then you'd run a new wire from the "tweeter out" terminal up to the A-pillars to your new tweeters.There would be no cutting/splicing factory wire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im interested but I guess I am not totally clear. I guess this stems from the fact that the wiring of this gm stereo is overly complicated to begin with and Ive never really taken a look at the amp myself. Do you happen to have pictures of a completed model or a wiring diagram? How much would this cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's what the harness will look like basically.You'll pull the stock amp plug from the amplifier and plug it into the gray plug and then push the green plug back into the amplifier.From there you'll run the loose wires in the harness to the appropriate terminals in your Xovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And just as I had suspected,they changed the wire pattern in the connector.It's the same connector but you can see the pattern differences.The one I'm holding is from a 2012 Equinox and the other is from a 2016.In order for me to wire the connector correctly I'd need an amplifier plug diagram for your year.I'm not sure where you get those diagrams from but I know they are available cause I've seen them.Maybe Alldata or GM?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
And just as I had suspected,they changed the wire pattern in the connector.It's the same connector but you can see the pattern differences.The one I'm holding is from a 2012 Equinox and the other is from a 2016.In order for me to wire the connector correctly I'd need an amplifier plug diagram for your year.I'm not sure where you get those diagrams from but I know they are available cause I've seen them.Maybe Alldata or GM?

DAMMIT!! I was ready to say "shut up and take my money". Do you think maybe the wire coloring just changed on the plug? I dont think they changed the model of the amp that actually went into these vehicles so therefor, the wiring should match up...if you get what im saying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did a little digging. From what I can tell, the amp models HAVE NOT changed since the 2012 to the 2016. However, these cars user 2 different amps. I do not know if there is a wiring difference between these 2 but the difference comes from that fact that one supports the ANC and one does not. Mine does not since I have the V6 but here are the amp models:

without ANC(8spk): ACDelco 22855805

With ANC (8spk): ACDelco 22855806

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They didn't change the actual amps,just the pin pattern in the plugs.The good news is that the plugs I have will fit your amplifier.It's now just a matter of seeing the plug diagram.

Your Chevrolet dealership service department will print you out an amplifier plug diagram if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I found your amp plug diagram.It's identical to the 2010-2015's.Maybe that photo was tough to make out and I wasn't seeing it correctly,who knows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found your amp plug diagram.It's identical to the 2010-2015's.Maybe that photo was tough to make out and I wasn't seeing it correctly,who knows.

So the one you made will work with my 2016? If so, send me a PM so we can arrange payment and shipping.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here's a video demonstration on how these adapter harnesses work.The cost on these is $25(includes shipping).Buyer has to let me know which system is in their particular vehicle when ordering.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's confirmed now that the 2016's have the same wiring pattern.Wombcannon successfully installed his components this weekend.Now I'm thinking the 2017's are the same too?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can vouch that JH1973 not only does great work but he is excellent to do business with. The 2017 should be the exact same as the 2016. This forum is lucky to have someone like JH1973 around. If anybody is thinking about doing business with him, do not even hesitate.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Womb,glad it worked out and look forward to helping you with your amp install.
There are some great guys here that help in any way they can like JayTee and Band Director.They give back and go out of their way to do so!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was looking at a thread regarding a 2017 Terrain and the guy shot a very up close photo of the speaker plug.It's the same connector but the pin pattern is definitely different.If you have a 2017 I could supply the plugs and pins but it will be up to the buyer to wire it correctly OR get me the plug diagram and I could do it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was looking at a thread regarding a 2017 Terrain and the guy shot a very up close photo of the speaker plug.It's the same connector but the pin pattern is definitely different.If you have a 2017 I could supply the plugs and pins but it will be up to the buyer to wire it correctly OR get me the plug diagram and I could do it.
Oddly enough one of our forum members with a 2017 Terrain which has both the premium 8 speaker system and ANC sent me photos of his amplifier plugs which clearly revealed the wiring pattern is identical to the 2010-2016's! I find it odd because the photo in the other thread is totally different.Nevertheless the 2017's are the same as far as this most recent evidence is concerned.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Price on these kits is now $32(includes shipping)
Also,these kits will work in 2010-2017 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am in serious need of this. Do you still make them?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts