GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to buy a 2012 LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic w/1LT) with the convenience package and LPO protection package:

1) Got them down to $28250 (include all tax and fees). Is this a good deal?

2) We found out that it has been sitting in the show room for 5 months. There is 24 miles on it (not a demo). Is this a bad thing? Was talking a different competitor dealer who seemed to think this was a big deal.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
fun4stuff said:
We are looking to buy a 2012 LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic w/1LT) with the convenience package and LPO protection package:

1) Got them down to $28250 (include all tax and fees). Is this a good deal?

2) We found out that it has been sitting in the show room for 5 months. There is 24 miles on it (not a demo). Is this a bad thing? Was talking a different competitor dealer who seemed to think this was a big deal.
Weird that it sat in the showroom of 5 months. Either is is optioned poorly, or they weren't willing to budge on price. Most dealers can't keep them on the lot for very long. However, I think the other dealer is trying to mess with your mind. If you like it, buy it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
RIT333 said:
Weird that it sat in the showroom of 5 months. Either is is optioned poorly, or they weren't willing to budge on price. Most dealers can't keep them on the lot for very long. However, I think the other dealer is trying to mess with your mind. If you like it, buy it.
Agreed. It could be an unpopular color in your area and some people don't want the AWD due to lower gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
5 months of sitting is not enough to do any real damage...except maybe the battery and possibly the tires..both of which can be replaced by the dealer if there are issues. The price sounds decent to me for a 1LT.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would have to agree with the previous posts. Good luck with your purchase and feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it sitting either...

Im just wondering how it sat for so long..I thought this vehicles were really moving off the lots!

·
Registered
289 Posts
It puzzles me on why but my guess is some combination that nobody wants. 6 years ago when my Aztek was totalled (right after the discontinued them) I found a near identical one on a dealer lot. Only thing is it didn't have ABS brakes. I offered the dealer less for it but they wouldn't budge. It sat on the lot over a year before I think the following year models were out. My guess is the price and lack of ABS is why it sat.

The problem is, if dealers let them sit too long past the end of year build date then they really have a hard time selling since there's no incentives from GM. I'm amazed this for a 2012 was still on the lot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine had sat on the lot for a little bit (not five months) but most shoppers were coming in wanting the 4 cylinder FWD models. So my V6 AWD wasn't as strong of a seller. They only keep 2 of them on the lot at any given time because of this. Thankfully, it also got me a great deal since I was ONLY interested in the AWD V6 (and we found the same thing at other dealers with the V6 AWDs)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
There are lots of factors in a vehicle sitting. Like stated color, options, are you live in.

Just looking at it the LT1 and AWD is not a common combo. Many people want the AWD and generally go with the LT2 or LTZ packlage.

The LT1 shows up or used to show up more in rental fleets and generally FWD.

The difference in price and options for the LT1 to LT2 make the LT2 the most popular package. Then if it is a color that is not as popular people will just do a dealer trade to get what they want.

They also may have asked too much for it too. Once this thing sat this long they would want to off it as they do not want it on their floor plan any longer. The interest on the floor plan would be adding up and cutting into the profit.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Mine was a dealer trade and driven to the dealer where I purchased locally. It was built 10/11 and sat for 7 months, being all black w premium black interior, V6, and AWD with stuff. It was just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hyperv6 said:
The difference in price and options for the LT1 to LT2 make the LT2 the most popular package. Then if it is a color that is not as popular people will just do a dealer trade to get what they want.
Still trying to figure out, what exactly is the difference between the LT1 and LT2. Mine was stickered as an LT1, but looking through my options I'm pretty sure it's actually an LT2??

·
Registered
179 Posts
SonoGal12 said:
Still trying to figure out, what exactly is the difference between the LT1 and LT2. Mine was stickered as an LT1, but looking through my options I'm pretty sure it's actually an LT2??
EQUINOX 2LT FWD/AWD
Equinox 2LT enhances 1LT features with:
• Remote vehicle starter system
• Tire pressure monitoring system
• Power 8-way driver seat adjuster
• Heated front bucket seats
• Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
• 8-speaker 250-watt premium Pioneer® audio system with subwoofer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ronwel said:
EQUINOX 2LT FWD/AWD
You also get fogs lights, auto-climate control, and access to further options such as leather seating, with 2LT.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nutz1 said:
You also get fogs lights, auto-climate control, and access to further options such as leather seating, with 2LT.
My 2012 1LT had the Fog lights and Auto climate control as standard...along with a whole ton of other items not included in the LS:

EQUINOX 1LT FWD/AWD
Equinox 1LT enhances LS features with:
• Rear vision camera with display in radio screen
• Fog lights
• Heated, power exterior mirrors, body-colour
• Deep-tinted glass behind front doors
• Charcoal roof rack side rails
• Automatic climate control with air fltration system
• Compass
• Ambient lighting on instrument panel
• Premium cloth seating
• Carpeted foor mats
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• AM/FM stereo adds 178 mm (7-in.) colour touch-screen display
• SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM**
• USB port.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ronwel said:
EQUINOX 2LT FWD/AWD
The only thing I don't have is the heated seats because I went with the premium cloth and not the leather.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ronwel said:
My 2012 1LT had the Fog lights and Auto climate control as standard...along with a whole ton of other items not included in the LS:
Are you in Canada? USA 1LT does not come with those options.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
There's a 1LT that's been on my dealers lot (Belton, SC) since at least March of this year with the following: Description
Flex Fuel, Premium Sound System, Satellite Radio, Hitch, DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE , LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP. Summit White exterior and Jet Black interior, LT w/1LT trim. GREAT FUEL ECONO 32 MPG Hwy/22 MPG City! CLICK TO LEARN MORE!

LOADED WITH VALUE
Heated Mirrors,Back-Up Camera,Flex Fuel,Premium Sound System,Satellite Radio. MP3 Player,Keyless Entry,Privacy Glass,Steering Wheel Controls,Child Safety Locks.

OPTION PACKAGES
DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: includes (BTV) remote vehicle starter system and (AE8) 8-way power front seat adjuster,LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP: Includes Standard Equipment. LT w/1LT with Summit White exterior and Jet Black interior features a 4 Cylinder Engine with 182 HP at 6700 RPM*.
Plus it has the V-6, decent price too. They were trying to get us to buy back in March but we held out for our 2LT with the leather seats.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nutz1 said:
Are you in Canada? USA 1LT does not come with those options.
Yes...I'm from Canada. I did not realize that there was such a difference between the US and CDN versions.

This is what the cDN differences are:

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
ronwel said:
Yes...I'm from Canada. I did not realize that there was such a difference between the US and CDN versions.

This is what the cDN differences are:
Yeah I like the Canada 1LT version better than my US one. :) Only thing we have that you don't is tire pressure monitor is standard on all trims (federal government requirement).

OEMs make all sorts of bizarre localization options for countries. Like GM had the Pontiac Pursuit only in Canada for a while, then brought it to the US as a Pontiac G5..., and then only as a coupe... and then brought it to Mexico and called it G4... WTF GM :beer:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I4 is what kills it for me, besides the AWD. Paid a little less with v6 with driver convenience package, pioneer upgrade and 18" wheels. No Fogs (almost done), no footwell courtesy lights (fixed that).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts