GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to update the firmware/Map SD for the Navigation/Satellite/Radio? Does GM/Chevy send out updates or information on where to get the updates from?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Jaywalker said:
Does anyone know how to update the firmware/Map SD for the Navigation/Satellite/Radio? Does GM/Chevy send out updates or information on where to get the updates from?
Hold on to your wallet.......$200.00 for an update could have bought 3 garmins and threw them away and got new ones with new maps Ya that Nav is worth it

·
Registered
91 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Hold on to your wallet.......$200.00 for an update could have bought 3 garmins and threw them away and got new ones with new maps Ya that Nav is worth it
I actually like the navigation. I do not intend to update the maps annually. I think I can make the current map last for two to three years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information on updating the Nav Maps, but what about the firmware updates? I have a Pioneer NAV/DVD/XM unit in my other vehicle and I've updated the firmware on that thing at least three times in the past three years. Most to the updates are for the XM parts of the unit which updates the channel information or compatibility issues with IPOD's or USB devices. How does GM/Chevy update these NAV/XM units?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Jaywalker said:
Thanks for the information on updating the Nav Maps, but what about the firmware updates? I have a Pioneer NAV/DVD/XM unit in my other vehicle and I've updated the firmware on that thing at least three times in the past three years. Most to the updates are for the XM parts of the unit which updates the channel information or compatibility issues with IPOD's or USB devices. How does GM/Chevy update these NAV/XM units?
I would recommend contacting GM navigation support at 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472). The hours of operation are Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't know about separate software upgrades, but if you update the maps and there are updates, they
will be loaded then; this is an automatic operation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Equinox Navigation is GPS based not disk based. It needs an over the air update from GM.

A new on ramp to the highway was put in recently near my house and it isn't showing up on my system just yet.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
mrgto455 said:
Equinox Navigation is GPS based not disk based. It needs an over the air update from GM.

A new on ramp to the highway was put in recently near my house and it isn't showing up on my system just yet.
877-NAV-DISC 877-628-3472 English Français

Disc Search ResultsThis make, model, and year was provided for the search. Please review this information to make sure it is correct and this is the car or truck for which you are purchasing the disc update.

Vehicle Information
Year: 2010
Make: GMC
Model: Terrain

The following discs are available for your navigation system.

Navigation Disc Part No. Price Quantity
2012 Global A High Nav Disc 22827639 $149.99
2011 SRX/Lacrosse/Terrain/Equinox/Regal/Volt/Cruze 20977834 $149.99

So, why are they selling this disk.. It may be awhile before that onramp upgrade comes thru for you
Equinox updates same price and/part numbers these are normally $199.00 on sale now for $50.00 off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I contacted the dealer yesterday regarding an update to my 2010 Terrain navigation system.
I was told that you get one free update and he recommended that I wait until the 2013 models arrive in August and get the update after that.
It beats paying $149.99 to $199.99 for the dvd software!
So I'll wait until the fall. ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got no such luck when asking the dealer for a free map update. They said to contact the 877-NAV-DISC folks.

Can someone help me determine the difference between these two discs?
http://www.gmnavdisc.com/disc-search.asp?lang=en&make=CHV&model=EQUI&year=2010

2012 Global A High Nav Disc 22827639 $199.99
2011 SRX/Lacrosse/Terrain/Equinox/Regal/Volt/Cruze 20977834 $199.99

Not sure which one to get... I'd assume that the 2012 is the newest, but then it says global. Is the 2011 for the Equinox the North American one?

I just want a navigation system that recognizes my new neighborhood (built in 2009, that my 2010 'Nox doesn't recognize).

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the amount it cost for the vehicle new you’d think it would be a lifetime of maps as long as you own the car. Tom Tom $175 and life time of maps , Chevy $200 every couple of years .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts