Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 32 MPG

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, MPG is discussed elsewhere, but I'd like to see a quick summary: What's your MPG with 4 cylinder FWD? Feel free to explain below the type of driving you do, (average vehicle speed per DIC?) weather conditions, etc. I thought this would lead to the best possible MPG, but am disappointed as the rest of you seem to be as well...

Mine is 22 MPG; average speed is 42 MPH; I drive 74 on the highway and "feel" like this is the majority of my driving. Weather in WI has been cold lately; I drive in ECO mode all the time. Just hit 3500 miles, so should be past the break-in period? It seems to vary from 27-37 when I'm on a pretty flat, straight road at 55 mph with warm weather.

·
Registered
978 Posts
No Offense to the OP but the number of MPG threads is already over the top

In reality...there would have to be a thread for each powertrain configuration:

2.4 FWD
2.4 AWD
3.0 FWD
3.0 AWD

Then account for tire sizes...17-18-19 inch rims have slightly different diameter tires
as well as different rolling mass effects
Then account for available fuel type
etc.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
MOCHANOX said:

2.4 FWD
2.4 AWD
3.0 FWD
3.0 AWD

Then account for tire sizes...17-18-19 inch rims have slightly different diameter tires
etc.
Kewl - then we can have 4x3x4 = 48 different polls if we segregate gas into (winter/summer and 10% ethanol and 0% ethanol).

I guess we should also have City and Highway driving so we'll have 96 different polls. This is starting to look like work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MOCHANOX said:

2.4 FWD
2.4 AWD
3.0 FWD
3.0 AWD

etc.
Touche! Ironically that's partially the reason I started a new one... though I felt bad wasting internet space, ( ;) ) the threads had too many pages and tangents to sift through to learn what I wanted... I'll be sure to further weed through the threads to learn how to improve my MPG, using this location as only a way to quickly see results.

We could start a poll poll: "How many polls are acceptable?"

·
Registered
978 Posts
RIT333 said:
Kewl - then we can have 4x3x4 = 48 different polls if we segregate gas into (winter/summer and 10% ethanol and 0% ethanol).

I guess we should also have City and Highway driving so we'll have 96 different polls. This is starting to look like work.
Well my bad...I forgot to include the group running 20 inch tires
Oh, and we will need to figure tire PSI into the mix as well (an important consideration)
and depending on location...prevailing winds...
Here on the "left coast" the prevailing winds are west to east...so if you drive north south or vice versa you have a crosswind
But if you drive west to east you benefit from tailwinds...and east to west you suffer from headwinds.
I haven't figured out the cooefficient of NW to SE roads yet...
But give me a few weeks and I'll start another MPG thread for those conditions

·
Registered
978 Posts
tms917 said:
We could start a poll poll: "How many polls are acceptable?"
Well on a related topic...the forum does track how many Polls you start and/or vote in...
See your Profile...anyone interested could try to become the "big dog" in Polls started :cheers:

PS I don't think bandwidth is an issue (not speaking for Admin though)...hardly anyone posts pictures unless they are begged to...and not many are running siggy pics...so "Poll on"

Just imagine what will happen to "post counts" when we each have to reply to not only the existing MPG threads but all the new ones as well...now THAT might be a bandwidth issue...LOL

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Well my bad...I forgot to include the group running 20 inch tires
Oh, and we will need to figure tire PSI into the mix as well (an important consideration)
and depending on location...prevailing winds...
Here on the "left coast" the prevailing winds are west to east...so if you drive north south or vice versa you have a crosswind
But if you drive west to east you benefit from tailwinds...and east to west you suffer from headwinds.
I haven't figured out the cooefficient of NW to SE roads yet...
But give me a few weeks and I'll start another MPG thread for those conditions
Funny...

And my wife wonders why I laugh out loud when I read some of the posts.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
MOCHANOX said:

2.4 FWD
2.4 AWD
3.0 FWD
3.0 AWD

etc.
Not to mention whether or not the MPG was obtained through highway miles or city stop and go..

·
Registered
978 Posts
RIT333 said:
And my wife wonders why I laugh out loud when I read some of the posts.
Don't have your wife in the same room next time you take a peek at the Poll results at the top of this thread...

As of the time and date of this post...

14 people have responded to the Poll by vote...
but no one has posted a reply to...
tms917 said:
explain below the type of driving you do, (average vehicle speed per DIC?)
I don't care who you are...that's funny !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a new 2011 Nox, 4 cyl. front wheel drive 1LT, Mocha Steel. I had only 150 miles on the NOX and took a road trip of 175 miles driving on a 2 lane highway in Wisconsin going through small towns ever 15 or 20 miles. Approx. 20 miles of this trip was freeway.
I had the A/C on the entire trip. Speeds on the 2 lane were approx. 60 mph and 72 mph on the freeway.
filled up again after the trip, 5.5 gallons.
I was suprised at getting over 31 mpg and the dealer said I would need to get 1500 to 2000 miles on the motor before I would start to get better mileage.

I had a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 and I like the NOX so far.
The PIONEER sound system was worth the extra $105 for the All Star package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
New '11 Nox - 1LT. I just took a 200 mile road trip, mostly 2 lane hwy at 60-65. MPG was 28 for the trip. My car has only 1200 miles on it, so I think that's fairly good for such a new car. I'd love to see 30 at some point, but I'm not horrified by 28.

I'll second the vote on the Pioneer system. Sounds great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2012 NOX 1lt fwd with a little over 1000 miles and am getting 20.5 mpg in the city, 28.5 on the interstate (70 mph) and 30.5 mpg on state highways (60 mph). I live in central IL so the terrain is relatively flat with a few hills. So far I am getting decent gas mileage and it is slightly better than what I expected considering it is winter and a new engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts