GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Let me start by saying I haven't owned a GM product in 20 years before last month. My wife has replaced a Mercedes Benz R350 with a White Diamond Acadia SLT1. All I can say is if GM made products like this all along they would have never had any problems. The Acadia is sweet, a great vehicle. She doesn't miss her Benz AT ALL.

In fact I'm so impressed I will be looking to replace my Pathfinder with a Terrain or Equinox when my lease is up. My question is aside from the obvious styliung differences and interior lighting are there any real differences between a SLT2 Terrain and an Equinox LTZ to justify the price difference?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hmmm, the best advice I can give is to go to the Chevy and GMC sites and actually compare them. Im not positive but I think both top of the line models are the same.

Now, the lower models are different, that I know for sure.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I thought the '11 LTZ lost its backup sensor LED pod? Thought I read that somewhere...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Until I bought my Nox, I had never owned a GM product and never imagined that I ever would. I took the advice of a buddy of mine to give the GM and Ford a serious look when I was shopping for a smaller SUV....I was surprised when the Equinox impressed me more than anything from Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Hyundai...and even the Ford Edge/Escape didn't fall to the bottom of my list. Anyway, I think there are some minor differences between the Nox LTZ and the Terrain LT2 but I don't really know what it is. Since they are very different looking vehicles, I would just go with the one you like best.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The AWD LTZ has an MSRP $685 less then an AWD SLT2 and the biggest difference feature wise is the sunroof.
If you add that back into the Chevy, it is $410 more then the GMC again but now the GMC is missing a feature, the rear cargo net.
To get the rear cargo net in the GMC you need the Cargo Managment Package that is $345, it leaves the GMC $65 less then the Chevy but still equipped with the roof cross rails that Chevy will want another 190 bucks for.

The other differences are minor measurments:
895L of cargo space in the GMC vs. 872L in the Chevy
1026mm of front headroom in the GMC vs. 1012mm in the Chevy
Also, the slightly wider stance of the GMC, 1598mm front tread width vs. 1587mm for the Chev & 1578mm in the rear vs. 1570mm on the Chev.

·
Registered
297 Posts
GMCdriver said:
it leaves the GMC $65 less then the Chevy but still equipped with the roof cross rails that Chevy will want another 190 bucks for.
I didn't realize that the 'Nox LTZ doesn't come with the roof crossrails on the 2011. Glad we got a 2010. I like having the rear parking assist lights, too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Keep the comments coming! ;D

At this point I'm leaning towards the exterior lines of the Terrain but I'll probably change my mind like 52 times betwen now and next summer. In the meantime I'll enjoy taking the wife's Acadia out for a spin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The differences are huge. The GMC Terrain is probably the greatest vehicle in the world. Its bold style and general awesomness radiates in all directions from the vehicle cause people to stop and stare. Babys being pushed in strollers stop crying, people stop arguing. The exhaust notes have been likened to a symphony. The interior of this vehicle has caused the Budhist monks to rethink their whole system of fung shui. When you are in the city and people come to wash your window with newspaper they freeze in their tracks at the sight of this vehicle. The red stitching in the seats was made from individual fibres selected by a team of GM executives from a species of high altitutde mountain sheep which havent even been discovered yet. The design process for this car took much longer then any others becuase the designers drafting the plans had to continually fight off would be art theifs. The equinox on the other hand is a low budget cart made from chinese instant rice cans welded together with a slightly seized used washing machine engine... you decide which one you want.

For reals though... i was in the same boat as you... GET THE TERRAIN its a dudes car

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Even the name "Equinox" puts that CUV on a much higher plain than all others. The lowly earthy Terrain is left completely out in the rain. LTZ stands for Limited Zone...where SLT2 stands for SL*T 2..if you get my drift. The Equinox has the..slick...sexy curves of bawdy beauty meant to be savored by anyone who is capable of understanding excellence and true form. An Equinox slices through air with the smooth free flowing ease and sleekness of curve. A Terrain is just all grill and all square,man! A cube..a box. Just shy of square tires and steering wheel for completed squareness . Even cavemen finally realized that knocking off the corners made the wheel really roll.
So there is a big difference. Wanna be just square..or rather a connoisseaur of graceful style and sweeping lines of coolness sculptered into a work of art..? Get an Equinox..not a box...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ok, that is a little too far. lol

I will say this, my wife has great tastes in vehicles and you can see what we drive.

The 'Nox was too plain for her liking. It looks like every other CUV on the road. Feminine, soft curves are numerous. Then, she said this, "It looks like a bigger version of the Aztek in the rear with the weird disappearing roof."

Bing, ordered a Terrain.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Terrain: 1 Equinox: 0

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just can't get past the huge wheel wells on the Terrain. Not a big fan of the rectangular fog lights, either. And, I like the blue interior lights of the 'Nox moreso than the red found in the Terrain. Other than that, I think the Terrain is pretty cool. ;D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Equinox looks like a (elegant) car.

Terrain looks like a (bold) truck.

I like to drive a car, not a truck.
I like to be remarked by the smooth lines, not the rough corners.

My wife didn't want us even to test drive a Terrain (no Equinox available at the moment). But when she got into the Equinox, she wanted to sign it on the spot :).

De gustibus non disputandum.[/color]

·
Registered
170 Posts
For me the Equinox looked too soft and rounded.. and the Terrain look more muscular..
4 years ago my wife chose the girly CRV now when it was my turn I chose the Terrain.
Even my wife agrees the Terrain is a guy vehicle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
oracle said:
... and the Terrain look more muscular..
Even my wife agrees the Terrain is a guy vehicle.
From your description is more a 'macho' than a 'guy' vehicle 8) (that's why I don't like it).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Real men don't drive girly suv's, they drive Terrains!!! ;D

·
Registered
830 Posts
you can purchase only the net for 40$... that'S what i've done.

GMCdriver said:
The AWD LTZ has an MSRP $685 less then an AWD SLT2 and the biggest difference feature wise is the sunroof.
If you add that back into the Chevy, it is $410 more then the GMC again but now the GMC is missing a feature, the rear cargo net.
To get the rear cargo net in the GMC you need the Cargo Managment Package that is $345, it leaves the GMC $65 less then the Chevy but still equipped with the roof cross rails that Chevy will want another 190 bucks for.

The other differences are minor measurments:
895L of cargo space in the GMC vs. 872L in the Chevy
1026mm of front headroom in the GMC vs. 1012mm in the Chevy
Also, the slightly wider stance of the GMC, 1598mm front tread width vs. 1587mm for the Chev & 1578mm in the rear vs. 1570mm on the Chev.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have to say, I admire WILSONN and Iceman's poetic illustrations! And since I own an Equinox I am, of course, on Iceman's side :). I just wanted to say that even though the Equinox may be considered more girly by some, it is still quite a bold and jaw-dropping vehicle when compared to other small suv's, like the honda and rav 4 for example, that are far more "girly" imho.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Terrain in my area is very limited. They may get a base every now and then. I shopped the Terrain hard for about two months ((Feb.-March) and could not find a SLT2 on the lot. I even had several dealers that the Terrain SLT2 was a 6 only. I had a accident this pass June that forced be back into the market. I looked pretty much the first 3 weeks in June , shopping for the Terrain, Santa Fe and Murano. The price and preminum gas took the Murano out of the running real quick. I went to the Chevy dealer about 1 mile away from the GMC dealer and they had 12 Nox. Two of them were LTZ and One with a Nav and a 4. SOLD. ;D We have been extremely happy with our purchase. The gas mileage started off low (23.5). :eek: I'm now up to 26.4 on my last tank doing similar driving. I haven't had any AC issues. I also enjoy being about to remote start my Nox from at least ~40 yards away from my office. Its nice and cool by the time I get to the parking lot ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts